• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still blown away by this recruiting energy and teamwork of this staff. I don't think I've ever seen it to this level in Lincoln.

Sure, what will ultimately matter is the product on the field -- but everything Rhule and staff have done to this point earns the highest of praise from me.

Think about it -- Matt Rhule only had six weeks off between gigs. Snapped his fingers, boom, college mode.

They are working their asses off to make us proud to be Husker fans again.

:mr2:
Yeah. After this I think it will be hard for anyone to say that the staff did not put maximum effort forward. Even if we do not get him.

Because you plan to peer recruit for that school. I think the bigger anomaly was him decommitting from OSU. The Raiolas all along said, "When he commits its over." Turned out that wasn't true, but I think the mentality hasn't changed.
Peer recruiting is great. We all understand and appreciate that. But that doesn’t relate to the post I responded to. Obviously a big question in his decision is the Rhule effectiveness. The poster that said commit in March with the ability to decommit in November is totally contrary to what I’m suggesting. I believe he should commit only after he is 100 percent. A plan of De-committing in November if Rhule doesn’t work and he screws over all these “peer recruits” shouldn’t be part of the plan. Especially since you have already de-committed once.

Last edited:
Because you plan to peer recruit for that school. I think the bigger anomaly was him decommitting from OSU. The Raiolas all along said, "When he commits its over." Turned out that wasn't true, but I think the mentality hasn't changed.
It's really not that hard to understand but he continues to want to not understand it.

I'm still blown away by this recruiting energy and teamwork of this staff. I don't think I've ever seen it to this level in Lincoln.

Sure, what will ultimately matter is the product on the field -- but everything Rhule and staff have done to this point earns the highest of praise from me.

Think about it -- Matt Rhule only had six weeks off between gigs. Snapped his fingers, boom, college mode.

There is almost no comparison to the level of commitment and energy that Rhule and his coaches have displayed as compared to the Frost years. I told myself I wouldn't do it again, but I'm starting to slide down that slippery slope of optimism. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me 25 times, shame on me." I guess that's what makes Nebraska fans so special.

It's really not that hard to understand but he continues to want to not understand it.
I totally understand that you are basing your speculation and how he should handle his recruitment on what YOU want him to do for Nebraska. What should he be doing for HIM is what you don’t want to understand.
I was one of the biggest critics of SF and one of the first to report and support the Rhule hire. But even I can separate my bias and put myself in the kids shoes. Success for Rhule at Nebraska is unproven. I’d have no problem understanding his waiting but posters suggesting he should commit now and peer recruit with a backup plan of de-committing in November is Nebraska homey thinking.

I totally understand that you are basing your speculation and how he should handle his recruitment on what YOU want him to do for Nebraska. What should he be doing for HIM is what you don’t want to understand.
I was one of the biggest critics of SF and one of the first to report and support the Rhule hire. But even I can separate my bias and put myself in the kids shoes. Success for Rhule at Nebraska is unproven. I’d have no problem understanding his waiting but posters suggesting he should commit now and peer recruit with a backup plan of de-committing in November is Nebraska homey thinking.
Careful you don't break your arm.

And that's your opinion, it's not logical but I guess you're entitled to it.

Recent NU recruiting strategies for Raiola:

Rhule: "Raiola is a key recruit, we need to do all we can to get him to NU. Heck, let's send the entire coaching staff to visit him."

Frost: "Damn, these are some good margaritas."

This is a tweet from Matt Rhule last night.

They're all swinging that hammer together now. It has effect,a building effect, they are earning respect.
Once built, they can swing in more places more efficiently.
But right now, they're working, grinding, earning that respect to give it back later, individually.

Recent NU recruiting strategies for Raiola:

Rhule: "Raiola is a key recruit, we need to do all we can to get him to NU. Heck, let's send the entire coaching staff to visit him."

Frost: "Damn, these are some good margaritas."
Hville: "let's wait to commit until after most people are committed and then I can't really peer recruit to help me and my school. Also, I hated Frost early so I'm smarter than you. "

Hville: "let's wait to commit until after most people are committed and then I can't really peer recruit to help me and my school. Also, I hated Frost early so I'm smarter than you. "
That’s bs and you know I didn’t say that. NU _Alum” let’s make up idiotic stuff about a poster hoping it will convince other people my stance wasn’t stupid”. Neither statement is right.

To believe Dylan should sign with us early to help peer recruit with the option of de-committing in November if Rhule doesn’t look as good is NOT a good path for Him. NU alum might think it serves his satisfaction but that’s ridiculous for a smart kid. If he chooses Nebraska in the near future it should be for the long term.

Last edited:
Peer recruiting is great. We all understand and appreciate that. But that doesn’t relate to the post I responded to. Obviously a big question in his decision is the Rhule effectiveness. The poster that said commit in March with the ability to decommit in November is totally contrary to what I’m suggesting. I believe he should commit only after he is 100 percent. A plan of De-committing in November if Rhule doesn’t work and he screws over all these “peer recruits” shouldn’t be part of the plan. Especially since you have already de-committed once.
I feel like I'm watching you have an argument with yourself. The family have said he has March as a target date to make a decision. Its not projecting my wishes.

Last edited:

Careful you don't break your arm.

And that's your opinion, it's not logical but I guess you're entitled to it.

Y'all take your conversation to PMs and spare the rest of us

Thnx

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back