• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only thing I could find:

From TunnelTalk "Because Dylan’s uncle Donovan is on the Husker coaching staff, Dominic Raiola told HuskerOnline that will give them the opportunity to visit him in February. Quite an advantage NU has right there, as Dylan Raiola is expected to make his decision in March."

the player knows that he, as qb, has to help recruit this class. he can be great, but if he has no help, he is greatly diminished

Which is what I've been saying. He's gauging the interest of these guys, he's got them on campus, and he's seeing how many will legit come to Nebraska. If it's not many, he'll go elsewhere. That's why this weekend is so monumentally huge.

Which is what I've been saying. He's gauging the interest of these guys, he's got them on campus, and he's seeing how many will legit come to Nebraska. If it's not many, he'll go elsewhere. That's why this weekend is so monumentally huge.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is possible he is using his clout to get guys to come see what is here in the hopes it may help NU even though he may be going someplace else. Kind of like I have the ability to do something to help NU even if they are not my first or maybe even second choice.

This is the only thing I could find:

From TunnelTalk "Because Dylan’s uncle Donovan is on the Husker coaching staff, Dominic Raiola told HuskerOnline that will give them the opportunity to visit him in February. Quite an advantage NU has right there, as Dylan Raiola is expected to make his decision in March."
Good find, I'm guessing this is where it came from.

I said the same thing a few weeks back. I think he wants to come here but he wants to make sure other big boys are coming/onboard as well. If he can get a few to commit to us, I think he's ours.

I said the same thing a few weeks back. I think he wants to come here but he wants to make sure other big boys are coming/onboard as well. If he can get a few to commit to us, I think he's ours.

Yep. Expectations on the program should be low next year. Rhule should attempt to keep that thought process for these kids and use it as a platform for them to be the ones to return us to greatness. If we go bowling (like we all believe we should), he can exceed expectations that he's currently setting. If we suck, he can point to the reality of where the program is and why we need great players.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is possible he is using his clout to get guys to come see what is here in the hopes it may help NU even though he may be going someplace else. Kind of like I have the ability to do something to help NU even if they are not my first or maybe even second choice.
Not possible at all - why would he want 5* and 4* players to commit here if it’s not his intention to be here? He would want them to follow him wherever he ends up.

The whole committing in March is just the wishful thinking of all coaches recruiting him. There will be some programs out there that will sign someone else if they don’t get an answer early enough, but that won’t be us. We will wait until the last possible minute and if we miss out we’ll go transfer portal to get a guy. He’s too big of a prospect for a team like us. We’ll be waiting at the door to prom with our corsage if that’s how long it takes.

Not possible at all - why would he want 5* and 4* players to commit here if it’s not his intention to be here? He would want them to follow him wherever he ends up.
For dad. Yeah a lot will follow him, but there won't be room for all of them where ever he goes.

Nebr means a lot to his family, coming here would mean a lot. But if his heart is somewhere else, spending time looking at us and bringing others to look might help Nebr even if he goes somewhere else. Look how much attention Nebr is getting, coming here or not that helps.

I want him here, but coming here is the emotional thing to do not the logical thing to do, Geo or USC are the logical things to do.

For dad. Yeah a lot will follow him, but there won't be room for all of them where ever he goes.

Nebr means a lot to his family, coming here would mean a lot. But if his heart is somewhere else, spending time looking at us and bringing others to look might help Nebr even if he goes somewhere else. Look how much attention Nebr is getting, coming here or not that helps.

I want him here, but coming here is the emotional thing to do not the logical thing to do, Geo or USC are the logical things to do.
I just don’t agree….at USC, he would be sitting behind a young 5* QB in Malachi Nelson. Caleb Williams will be gone by the time DR steps foot on campus. He may. He may not want to go there and potentially wait 2-3 years to get solid playing time.

At Georgia, it’s much of the same. He would likely be behind Carson Beck (who will likely stay for his Senior Season), Brock Vandagriff (who will be a RS Junior and a 5* talent) and Gunnar Stockton (a 4* who will be a redshirt sophomore by the time DR is on campus).

Way more reasons to come here than just emotional

I just don’t agree….at USC, he would be sitting behind a young 5* QB in Malachi Nelson. Caleb Williams will be gone by the time DR steps foot on campus. He may. He may not want to go there and potentially wait 2-3 years to get solid playing time.

At Georgia, it’s much of the same. He would likely be behind Carson Beck (who will likely stay for his Senior Season), Brock Vandagriff (who will be a RS Junior and a 5* talent) and Gunnar Stockton (a 4* who will be a redshirt sophomore by the time DR is on campus).

Way more reasons to come here than just emotional
Why is he even looking at Nebraska in the first place? It's emotion, loyalty, whatever you want to call it, but if his dad hadn't played here and loved Nebraska so much, you know we wouldn't have gotten a sniff.

And the only reason Rhule is making a difference is because the guy that screwed it up is gone so they are willing to look again with Rhule in place. The key is they were willing to look even before Rhule got here, and for me that's not logic, it's emotion, loyalty or whatever you want to call it. That's why I feel there's always the possibility he's looking and talking to others about Nebraska even if he doesn't come here.

I just have a hard time getting amped up over DR committing to us. The stack of disappointments over the last 20 years regarding coaching changes and potential recruits wears on you. I've become a little jaded in that regard. I don't see this weekend producing any announcement regarding DR. If he is seriously considering us, I think this weekend will have an impact. I hope those of you who claim he is a silent commit are right. DR could be the pivot point that turns our beloved football program in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back