• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is possible he is using his clout to get guys to come see what is here in the hopes it may help NU even though he may be going someplace else. Kind of like I have the ability to do something to help NU even if they are not my first or maybe even second choice.
If we are throwing out completely unsupported and not all that logical ideas, he is peer recruiting to NU so that the Huskers will be attractive to his brother in 2026.
(No, that’s not what I think). I do think that most everyone he peer recruits to here are people who have/ will have NU offers. They won’t all get Georgia offers.

If we are throwing out completely unsupported and not all that logical ideas, he is peer recruiting to NU so that the Huskers will be attractive to his brother in 2026.
(No, that’s not what I think). I do think that most everyone he peer recruits to here are people who have/ will have NU offers. They won’t all get Georgia offers.
See I'd of gone with peer recruiting so Nebraska will be better by the time his brother gets here. ;) :)

Pennsylvania kid committed to Penn State. He committed to Ohio State before recruiting violations came out around him. He was not committing to us. He also wasn’t the #1 player in his class.
He wasn’t exactly loved by his teammates. Most were very happy when he declared for the draft.

The whole committing in March is just the wishful thinking of all coaches recruiting him. There will be some programs out there that will sign someone else if they don’t get an answer early enough, but that won’t be us. We will wait until the last possible minute and if we miss out we’ll go transfer portal to get a guy. He’s too big of a prospect for a team like us. We’ll be waiting at the door to prom with our corsage if that’s how long it takes.
They won’t need a transfer guy Sims has two years as does Smothers , Purdy and two others. I would love to get Raiola but let’s not think that not getting him is going to somehow leave a big void in the roster.

They won’t need a transfer guy Sims has two years as does Smothers , Purdy and two others. I would love to get Raiola but let’s not think that not getting him is going to somehow leave a big void in the roster.
It’s not a void, but every class has to have a QB. If they don’t sign one, they’ll go to the portal and get one due to attrition alone.

Why is he even looking at Nebraska in the first place? It's emotion, loyalty, whatever you want to call it, but if his dad hadn't played here and loved Nebraska so much, you know we wouldn't have gotten a sniff.

And the only reason Rhule is making a difference is because the guy that screwed it up is gone so they are willing to look again with Rhule in place. The key is they were willing to look even before Rhule got here, and for me that's not logic, it's emotion, loyalty or whatever you want to call it. That's why I feel there's always the possibility he's looking and talking to others about Nebraska even if he doesn't come here.
I would not underestimate this staff
He's already been here.

That's an interesting theory. Hey, I'm not going to go there but I can help raise the profile. I tend not to believe anyone is that calculated. Most people are too self-centered to be effectively calculating. But maybe. I can't believe there are a 126 pages on this thread already.

This is the only thing I could find:

From TunnelTalk "Because Dylan’s uncle Donovan is on the Husker coaching staff, Dominic Raiola told HuskerOnline that will give them the opportunity to visit him in February. Quite an advantage NU has right there, as Dylan Raiola is expected to make his decision in March."

You do realize this is behind paywall material correct? Thus not allowed to be posted on HM

It's been up so long now that it would defeat the purpose of deleting it

One and only Warning

You could have paraphrased by simply saying the March date was confirmed in Tunnel talk and left it at that and that would have been okay

Next time gets you a thread ban and vacation

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back