• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m betting money the other half of the story is we retained Donovan to get his nephew. That may have not been the only reason, but I’ll bet it played a huge part. Rhule would be a fool not to take that deal IMO. I said it nearly three weeks ago.

Not a chance Coach Ruhle would do that

You did say it and I commented on it then too

I’m betting money the other half of the story is we retained Donovan to get his nephew. That may have not been the only reason, but I’ll bet it played a huge part. Rhule would be a fool not to take that deal IMO. I said it nearly three weeks ago.
That is not what I said or meant, they took another highly rated QB at OSU after Raiola committed so it makes sense he might be willing to entertain new opportunities. Kids dont like competition these days if they have been worshiped in high school

That is not what I said or meant, they took another highly rated QB at OSU after Raiola committed so it makes sense he might be willing to entertain new opportunities. Kids dont like competition these days if they have been worshiped in high school
I didn’t imply that’s what you said or meant. Just telling you what I bet will happen.

There was a time when Nebraska was an option for Dylan. We were in the mix. Suddenly we had no shot. If the stories surrounding that abrupt change are true, maybe that mess is behind us in Dylan's eyes and NU gets another look. Not sure why DR would back off OSU because of a 23 commit but who can know the mind of a teenager.

There was a time when Nebraska was an option for Dylan. We were in the mix. Suddenly we had no shot. If the stories surrounding that abrupt change are true, maybe that mess is behind us in Dylan's eyes and NU gets another look. Not sure why DR would back off OSU because of a 23 commit but who can know the mind of a teenager.
He would thrive here now. At least I hope he would. He could start early and be a legend if things turn around. It’s a great chance to put your mark on something special. Come on Dylan! Join the party!

I'd wager that if he's not headed to OSU, he's got his eyes set on USC, or a similar Tier 1 program.

(Sorry gents, as of now, Nebraska is not Tier 1)
We know that...but not every kid is thinking that way. We don't show up on most 5* radars but the Riolas have a history with Nebraska and the kid had not eliminated us until our HC showed his backside. I do think the TCU angle is interesting. I'm not sure they're any kind of new dynasty but they managed to keep it together in a WEAK B12.

I'd bet we are back in consideration with probably 4-5 other options. If we can show him something this year you never know. And man, we could use a break or two.

We know that...but not every kid is thinking that way. We don't show up on most 5* radars but the Riolas have a history with Nebraska and the kid had not eliminated us until our HC showed his backside. I do think the TCU angle is interesting. I'm not sure they're any kind of new dynasty but they managed to keep it together in a WEAK B12.

I'd bet we are back in consideration with probably 4-5 other options. If we can show him something this year you never know. And man, we could use a break or two.
Right. He is a 2024 guy. He can take his time and see what unfolds in any program he is interested in. Hopefully NU shows progress and we get a few more playmakers and the O line improves to where he would feel good about playing in Lincoln. It’s kind of all in the family in that regard isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back