• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dublin Ireland Trip

You're talking about 2 different things. The benefits of this trip for the players, and the benefits of this trip for the football program.
And based on your previous post in reply to HWM, it doesn't seem like you care all that much about the benefits of this trip to the players.
I do not. I’m not against kids or anyone for that matter, seeing great places. These kids travel to more places in one year than than most do in 5 years. They aren’t ruffing it. This program needs to focus on wins, not international trips. Just how I feel.

I get all that, for sure. However, that isn’t landing recruits and that’s what matters. It’s not beneficial to attract fans in Ireland. As harsh as this sounds, the players don’t deserve a ‘bowl’ game. They’ve done nothing but lose games.

Who decides if the players deserve a game in Ireland? I don't think it's about deserving or not. I'll assume the players work hard. And they definitely make plenty of sacrifices with their free time. Life isn't only about football (the trip isn't either).

Also, the game will have plenty of exposure to recruits. There's not many games that day -- and Nebraska vs Northwestern is the only game involving two P5 schools.

Last edited:
No offense to the folks whom have trips planned to Ireland for the game, but I see zero benefit of playing this game over there. These aren’t pros, or are they?
Possible recruiting benefit.We used to play Hawaii every four or five years and played that in recruiting.Other than that, I don’t see how it makes sense.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

I get all that, for sure. However, that isn’t landing recruits and that’s what matters. It’s not beneficial to attract fans in Ireland. As harsh as this sounds, the players don’t deserve a ‘bowl’ game. They’ve done nothing but lose games.
Rough crowd tonight.Honest but rough.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

Who decides if the players deserve a game in Ireland? I don't think it's about deserving or not. I'll assume the players work hard. And they definitely make plenty of sacrifices with their free time. Life isn't only about football (the trip isn't either).

Also, the game will have plenty of exposure to recruits. There's not many games that day -- and Nebraska vs Northwestern is the only game involving two P5 schools.
And you could and should, play it in Evanston. Neutral site in the USA? I’d be down for that. This team should be focused on football. The team has sucked for years. I fail to see the benefit of this trip.

Possible recruiting benefit.We used to play Hawaii every four or five years and played that in recruiting.Other than that, I don’t see how it makes sense.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.
NU isn’t recruiting players from Ireland, so zero benefit. Hawaii I get. I remember those games. Got some dudes from there also back in the day.

I'm saying this thread will pretend it's the old thread and there will be conspiracy theories about the real reason for the lockage....unlockage....
NU isn’t recruiting players from Ireland, so zero benefit. Hawaii I get. I remember those games. Got some dudes from there also back in the day.
Wasn’t inferring that it was good for recruiting in Ireland, I meant for the home front recruiting. I am trying to make a little sense out of the expense and travel for this game.Keep the faith.GBR.
It is what it is.
Yes it is HIO. Thanks for your response.Keep the faith.GBR.

And you could and should, play it in Evanston. Neutral site in the USA? I’d be down for that. This team should be focused on football. The team has sucked for years. I fail to see the benefit of this trip.

It's a lifetime experience.

As critical as I can be, it doesn't bother me even slightly they are playing the game in Ireland. Actually -- I think it's pretty cool. Heck, the team doesn't even owe me wins. Sure, I'll always have opinions and analysis -- because that's what sports is about for many fans. But whether they win or not, play in Evanston or Dublin -- doesn't impact my life in the slightest. It's a game, it's entertainment. Let them enjoy the moment.

For the program, I see your point. For the players on the team, who make this whole thing possible in the first place, this is an awesome experience for them. Maybe think about that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back