• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dublin Ireland Trip

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Extended ..... aboard planes, trains and on public transportation will be required to wear a mask until at least May.

The cause, spread of the Omicron variant. BA.2 subvariant that now makes up more than 85%.

Another spike?

I still say 50-50 chance playing at Aviva stadium (NU vs. NW).

No offense to the folks whom have trips planned to Ireland for the game, but I see zero benefit of playing this game over there. These aren’t pros, or are they?

It's the equivalent of a bowl game for a bunch of players who have never been to a bowl. Great opportunity for young people to travel overseas when many may never again have the chance. I'll bet they are excited; I would be.

It's the equivalent of a bowl game for a bunch of players who have never been to a bowl. Great opportunity for young people to travel overseas when many may never again have the chance. I'll bet they are excited; I would be.
I get all that, for sure. However, that isn’t landing recruits and that’s what matters. It’s not beneficial to attract fans in Ireland. As harsh as this sounds, the players don’t deserve a ‘bowl’ game. They’ve done nothing but lose games.

It's a once in a lifetime trip for these kids. Don't discount that.
Maybe if they had been winning games I’d feel differently. They haven’t, and I don’t feel differently. This does NOT help Nebraska in any way, shape, or form. What if you lose? Long ass trip home. If you win, it’s still a long trip home with another game the following Saturday. I just don’t see any benefit to this whatsoever.

Maybe if they had been winning games I’d feel differently. They haven’t, and I don’t feel differently. This does NOT help Nebraska in any way, shape, or form. What if you lose? Long ass trip home. If you win, it’s still a long trip home with another game the following Saturday. I just don’t see any benefit to this whatsoever.

You're talking about 2 different things. The benefits of this trip for the players, and the benefits of this trip for the football program.
And based on your previous post in reply to HWM, it doesn't seem like you care all that much about the benefits of this trip to the players.

Extended ..... aboard planes, trains and on public transportation will be required to wear a mask until at least May.

The cause, spread of the Omicron variant. BA.2 subvariant that now makes up more than 85%.

Another spike?

I still say 50-50 chance playing at Aviva stadium (NU vs. NW).

I wish this thread was in Hot Topics.

You're saying the old thread with get unlocked in a few months when everyone realizes it was far superior to this this thread?

I'm saying this thread will pretend it's the old thread and there will be conspiracy theories about the real reason for the lockage....unlockage....etc.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back