• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I listed a bunch of football related reasons and none mentioned about Troy being more talented than Nebraska. I don’t really need to explain why every reason I stated would contribute to Nebraska losing to Troy, do I?

I will though because you’re not following.

- Those records show that they’re not a bad football team.
-Having bad depth is not good when you’re playing football. (See next point)
- We started a walk-on at QB.
- Having a team that’s been in the same schemes for two games is not very much. Two or three years is better.

All these reasons can contribute to a more talented team losing to a less talented team. That’s probably broken down sufficiently.

Last edited:

I listed a bunch of football related reasons and none mentioned about Troy being more talented than Nebraska. I don’t really need to explain why every reason I stated would contribute to Nebraska losing to Troy, do I?
Ok... let me ask you one more way. Since when I ask a question you apparently answer with something that doesn't pertain to the question.

Did 2017 Northern Illinois or 2018 Troy have more talent than the Nebraska team they played and beat? Just answer that please.

Ok... let me ask you one more way. Since when I ask a question you apparently answer with something that doesn't pertain to the question.

Did 2017 Northern Illinois or 2018 Troy have more talent than the Nebraska team they played and beat? Just answer that please.

Look up.

There is more than enough talent on this years team to beat CU and MN. If there is still a culture problem after 22 months then that is on SF and not MR. Penalties, sound technique, fumbles, poor angles, poor tackling, etc... are all on SF and his staff, not the previous staff.

C

We should have beaten CU, but just made too many mistakes. No matter how good you are, you can't drop the ball like we did on the road, blow off a half of the game and expect to come out with a win -- not to mention not having a kicker who could make a FG.

Against Minny we may have lost even if we were playing pretty well and up to our talent's potential. We obviously have trouble on the road at this point and they are a team that's playing well. The bigger problem with the loss there is how we played. I'm hopeful it's just that they were beaten up and worn down and needed a bye week.

Have to remember, this was an 0-10 team (counting end of '17 and start of '18, and has been 8-5 since then. As Parcell's said, you are what your record says you are -- and 0-10 tells me the talent wasn't exactly good. While better, we are not where we want to be right now, but given where they were, given massive roster turnover, and given graduations of key seniors (who did buy in and play well last year), we are struggling

If we're lucky we'll see a nice bounce back at home after the bye week with some fresher legs and heads. A lot of things going wrong right now, but enough of it is fixable for us to make a bowl game, though, IMO.

All these reasons can contribute to a more talented team losing to a less talented team. That’s probably broken down sufficiently.
So can I take from this second quote that you agree, it's not just based on talent alone that can contribute to wins and losses? And you agree that Nebraska was the more talented team against 2017 Northern Illinois and 2018 Troy?

Last edited:
So can I take from this second quote that you agree, it's not just based on talent alone that can contribute to wins and losses? And you agree that Nebraska was the more talented team against 2017 Northern Illinois and 2018 Troy?

You can lose games because of scheme, injuries, lack of depth, poor discipline. I don’t know how many times I need to say the same answers.

You can lose games because of scheme, injuries, lack of depth, poor discipline. I don’t know how many times I need to say the same answers.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived!!!!!!! So many other factors go into a coaches success and situations they were dealt, not just talent. So when I say Pelini inherited a tougher situation, please refer to your own post 4107469 that i'm not just talking talent.

It feels good. It feels really good to get here. Now we can move on.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived!!!!!!! So many other factors go into a coaches success and situations they were dealt, not just talent.

It feels good. It feels really good to get here. Now we can move on.

And when the more talented team wins despite having injuries, more penalties, and lose the turnover battle, why did they win? Talent. So now talent is more important.

You wasted all that time to try to make that point, which can be disproved in the exact reverse manner. I don’t know what you settled, but it’s only in your head.

Last edited:

He is just saying we basically have no depth at a lot of places. He is saying it will take a lot of time.

We don't have a true outside WR or a true every down back. We have slot receivers. We are trying to run the ball with 3rd down backs. Washington and Robinson are 3rd down backs. Which I completely agree with. I have already said a, couple of times since Saturday, every team we play has a RB that is 6' tall and is 215 and knows how to run zone read. Minnesota had 3 backs that looked like that. Wisconsin has 3 backs that look like that. Iowa has a couple. OSU has several. He said we don't run zone plays very well and basically most B1G teams do it fairly well. Last year we had 1 back, Ozigbo, that looked like that and ran the zone plays wells.

Defensively we have no depth at LB and it is showing.

He just believes it will take time. He thinks it will take 3-4 in the weight room to really compete he thinks they are stronger but still need more. Still behind somewhat from playing in the Big 12. Had a defense built to stop Big 12 offenses.
some good points by Dr Z and thank you for summarizing. We haven't been in the big 12 for 9 years though. No way that should be an issue at this point.

And when the more talented team wins despite having injuries, more penalties, and lose the turnover battle, why did they win? Talent. So now talent is more important.

You wasted all that time to try to make that point, which can be disproved in the exact reverse manner. I don’t know what you settled, but it’s only in your head.
You again went back to talent being the only factor for something which has been disproved time and time again by me in this thread. Completely leaving out anything coaching related. So it appears you are a moron and I don't need to waste more time on you.

Block list moved to 6 people.

Last edited:
You again went back to talent being the only factor for something which has been disproved time and time again by me in this thread. Completely leaving out anything coaching related. So it appears you are a moron and I don't need to waste more time on you.

You can block people on here? Please tell me how.

You again went back to talent being the only factor for something which has been disproved time and time again by me in this thread. So it appears you are a moron and I don't need to waste more time on you.

No, it shows that talent could be the overcoming factor - not the only factor. Like you showed in the opposite. You’re a bit slow on the uptake, aren’t you? There’s no reason to be butthurt because you’re not able to “win” a conversation. I hope you’re still young because you have a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited:

It's a must when someone just doesn't read what you type and argues their point. Hashing things out with conversations are fine. Willfully just completely ignoring what someone is saying is petty and I don't have time for it.
Yeah I get that, but do tell how to block, because I would love to know how.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back