• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I don’t really care what you compare. Because when I said Bo inherited the worst situation, you went on a quest to show he had more talent inherited compared to Frost. Which I have actually stated. So you are backing my opinion.

By going on my quest to show that Pelini inherited a bunch of talent, I’m backing your opinion that nobody inherited a worse situation than Pelini? How exactly did you put that together? :Lol:

Somehow inheriting more talent than everyone else is an argument for starting in a worse situation than everybody else. I must have stumbled into Bizarro World on this one.

Last edited:

I must be confused the same way these other people are. It sounded like you were saying Pelini didn't have it any worse than Frost. But it sure seems like he had a lot more talent on that 2008 team than Frost has inherited. He also had Tom Osborne as his athletic director, who I'm sure was very supportive to his cause. What was so bad for Pelini at the time? I'm sure it was hell dealing with Shawn Eichorst, but that guy didn't show up until 2012.
I absolutely said Pelini had it worse than Frost. I’m not speaking to a singular issue tho. You bring up the AD, that’s a great point (just one I may add) that leads me to my conclusion. Tom Osborne wanted to be a band-aid or a stop-gap while Nebraska found their true AD. In many ways he found the cheapest ways to do things and not make large decisions that could hurt the department when he was gone. Osborne was supportive, as is Moos, but Moos is going to bat way more for Frost than Osborne did. Pelini presented to the AD on how he needed recruiting help and more staff on many occasions from 2009 on to get on par with LSU and he was told we needed to wait until the permanent solution comes in. This is the entire premise of why I have said for years “ya, Pelini needed to go, but would have loved to see what he could do with what Riley or Frost were given.”

Again, I’m not just talking about Talent. People seem fixated on that.

Last edited:
By going on my quest to show that Pelini inherited a massive amount of talent, I’m backing your opinion that nobody inherited a worse situation than Pelini? How exactly did you put that together? :Lol:
Because I’ve stated Pelini had the most talent compared to the 3. And you are proving that. You showing he had more talent has nothing to do with my statement of Pelinis overall inheritance when he took the job.

Last edited:
Because I’ve stated Pelini had the most talent compared to the 3. And you are proving that.

I’m the one who started talking about how much talent Pelini had in the first place. You agreed. Which works as a negative toward Pelini having the worst situation, which is your opinion. I disagree that he had it worse. That’s why I proved it from a talent perspective.

Because I’ve stated Pelini had the most talent compared to the 3. And you are proving that. You showing he had more talent has nothing to do with my statement of Pelinis overall inheritance when he took the job.

When you talked about his terrible situation, the first thing you mentioned was he was able to take a sub .500 team and go 9-4. Seems like the talent inherited might have been related to that. If you hadn’t been thinking at all about talent/on field performance, then talking about his great record is a weird way in reaffirming that.

Last edited:
I’m the one who started talking about how much talent Pelini had in the first place. You agreed. Which works as a negative toward Pelini having the worst situation, which is your opinion. I disagree that he had it worse. That’s why I proved it from a talent perspective.
I agree he had the best talent. Situations are typically made up of more than one factor. Certainly the situation that I’m speaking to.

When you talked about his terrible situation, the first thing you mentioned was he was able to take a sub .500 team and go 9-4. Seems like the talent inherited might have been related to that.
Absolutely. Would our superior talent to Troy have been a factor if we started the 2018 season 1-1 then? Or does talent only matter when trying to prove something to me that I agree with? Or are you of the opinion Troy had better talent than Nebraska last year?

Absolutely. Would our superior talent to Troy have been a factor if we started the 2018 season 1-1 then? Or does talent only matter when trying to prove something to me that I agree with? Or are you of the opinion Troy had better talent than Nebraska last year?

You mean the team that went 11-2 and 10-3 the two previous years? Against a team with not so great depth? With their walk-on QB starting? With their first year staff in their second game? That Troy game?

You mean the team that went 11-2 and 10-3 the two previous years? Against a team with not so great depth? With their walk-on QB starting? With their first year staff in their second game? That Troy game?

Are you insinuating that Troy had more talent than Nebraska?

Are you really trying to tell me we had less talent than Troy? Really?

I listed a bunch of football related reasons and none mentioned about Troy being more talented than Nebraska. I don’t really need to explain why every reason I stated would contribute to Nebraska losing to Troy, do I?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back