• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does Taylor Martinez get his number and name in Memorial Stadium

Does #3 Taylor Martinez become a retired jersey

• Yes it does

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • No it doesn't

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Wait until after next year to decide

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"lots" of guys? :rolleyes:

Name three. In fact, name one...and then provide your argument to support.

Don't be a homer. Tmart isn't the most improved football player of all time. I doubt he's even in the top 10.

I can see that Benny didn't get you freed up from those demons. Maybe you should go back for round 2? ;)
He is beating homers with the jacket of truth.

You guys can't be serious with this can you? Most improved college player you've ever se......aaaaaah. I see the out. You guys have never watched CFB until this year. That makes sense then.

He certainly does have a shot at winning an award next year...just mathematically unlikely.

only two players with retired numbers were not major award winners. Novak and Brown.

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out. That is a very interesting comment, more so considering that their numbers are retired, not just their jerseys.

Why do you hate TM so much? The kid plays hard everyday and has put in the work in the off-season to get better. He plays through pain and has not quit on the team much like half our fanbase has quit on him. What more does he need to do to earn your respect

Don't let RP fool you. He has Taylor Martinez posters and fatheads throughout his house. This is his way of motivating Martinez to get better and while I hate to give RP credit for anything his ego is as huge as it gets but so far it's worked.

It is difficult to say at this point. It will help if Martinez wins the Big 10 this year and a Rose Bowl, the kid barring injury could finish his career with 10,000 passing and 4,000 rushing account for over 100 Touchdowns so he will have the numbers to back it up.Hey Dan Marino never won a championship and is considered pretty good, but Trent Dilfer did win one and who thinks he had a great NFL career, he probably is having a better post NFL career than his playing days.

I say wait a year, but odds are I think he will make it barring injury.

What's the criteria. Don't you have to have won a major award and/or be an all american?
That is what I thought until FLAS posted this:
He certainly does have a shot at winning an award next year...just mathematically unlikely.

only two players with retired numbers were not major award winners. Novak and Brown.

I think his chances might be better than I originally thought.

Last edited:
It doesn't need to be defended because everyone but the biggest homers know its true.

Ahhh....that famous defense put out by debate participants and philosphers over the ages....its true cause I says its true!

Priceless!:rolleyes:

Glad to see you could come up with that....ONE...example I asked for...

My standards were just too high, apparently...

Don't let RP fool you. He has Taylor Martinez posters and fatheads throughout his house. This is his way of motivating Martinez to get better and while I hate to give RP credit for anything his ego is as huge as it gets but so far it's worked.
Those are lies. Martinez will be the death of this program!!!

Ahhh....that famous defense put out by debate participants and philosphers over the ages....its true cause I says its true!

Priceless!:rolleyes:

Glad to see you could come up with that....ONE...example I asked for...

My standards were just too high, apparently...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/528267-the-top-50-college-football-players-of-all-time

There are many other lists that would also have dozens of examples of players who came in with a lackluster start only to finish as TRULY one of the greats. We won't ever confuse Tmart with any of these guys. No way he wins a big game or national award. EVER!

That is what I thought until FLAS posted this:

I think his chances might be better than I originally thought.

I'm not sure you could make an exception for Martinez if Novak and Brown are the only exceptions. He'd need to lead NU to a couple Big 10 titles and a national title if he doesn't get an All American/Heisman/Obrien award/etc. Given next year's schedule that may not be too far fetched.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/528267-the-top-50-college-football-players-of-all-time

There are many other lists that would also have dozens of examples of players who came in with a lackluster start only to finish as TRULY one of the greats. We won't ever confuse Tmart with any of these guys. No way he wins a big game or national award. EVER!

The topic was "greatest player ever" it was most improved player. Two COMPLETELY different topics. Nice try. No one said he was among the greatest ever.

I'll make this easy for you since you apparently are struggling to stay on topic and to defend your statement.

Give me ONE Nebraska player from the past 20 years who has improved MORE year over year than Martinez has this year. ONE. Again, I know I'm probably asking for too much, but I'm sure you can do it.

...but I'm sure all I'll get is some irrelevant article about an unrelated topic...but for now, I'll keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back