• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does Taylor Martinez get his number and name in Memorial Stadium

Does #3 Taylor Martinez become a retired jersey

• Yes it does

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • No it doesn't

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Wait until after next year to decide

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
10 Year Member
With all of the records and offense he has generated, if he has another successful year next year, does Taylor Martinez get his name up with the rest of the bunch of retired jerseys in Memorial Stadium?

I say, he does. Of course, I expect him to be better next year! Yes, he makes it! No doubt! :) The man has the yardage record for freshmen, sophomores, now juniors! Give the man his due.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone who has their name up in the stadium was anything but a major award winner.

Then again wait until after next season. You never know what might happen.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone who has their name up in the stadium was anything but a major award winner.

Then again wait until after next season. You never know what might happen.

I'm thinking, he is going to have a Heisman year..............................hopefully! :cool:

Would like to see the kid win a couple more bowl games and a conference championship or two first.

He has been the whipping boy for all things wrong with NU so h will have to overcome alot. I like TM and think if next year goes well he should have his name in the ring

I voted to wait till next year. IMO if he wins back to back BIG titles, he gets it. Or if he gets tons of awards next year he gets it. If we win the BIG this year I like his chances though.

No. Not good enough.

Why do you hate TM so much? The kid plays hard everyday and has put in the work in the off-season to get better. He plays through pain and has not quit on the team much like half our fanbase has quit on him. What more does he need to do to earn your respect

He certainly does have a shot at winning an award next year...just mathematically unlikely.

only two players with retired numbers were not major award winners. Novak and Brown.

Why do you hate TM so much? The kid plays hard everyday and has put in the work in the off-season to get better. He plays through pain and has not quit on the team much like half our fanbase has quit on him. What more does he need to do to earn your respect
Win a game for us instead of costing us points. Maybe next year. But I'm not holding my breath. He's terrible!!!

His stats are impressive. His errors a major bugaboo. But I have never seen a player, especially one with his talent to begin with, improve soooo much in the course of a college career. This guy is very interesting. I can see if GBR closes out winning and competes mightily next year -- he could be worthy of such accolades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back