• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does anyone else have a problem with these tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don[t have a problem with the tweets "because they like to be informed". I have a problem with the tweets because the information can do nothing but hurt our team and help the opposition. At the very least the only thing it could possibly do is help the other team and not hurt us.

You think we are the only school with a media that tweets..??

Last edited:

Well, I guess that's my point. If Bo wanted these things known practice would be open...

So Bo can close the facilities to reporters at the end of practice as well if he is concerned about it. It's simply not for reporters to self censor information Bo is letting them have.

Shouldn't have been to hard to adjust. We've spent lots of time this year, and previous years in a dime.

How many of these starters were playing last year? The main point is during the week, you practice what you think you are going to see, based on what they have on you for film. Is a 4-2 to a 4-3 an earth shaking wrinkle? No, but with the youth on the team, and just the ability to come out in something that the other team may have not practiced for could be the difference between us being down by 3 at the end of the 1st, or being up 14-0 or more at the end of the 1st.

When did I say that? Nice try. Again, I would have no problem if a tweet was "I expect to see a lot more 4-3 this week as SDSU is a power team" by a media member. Not a "what I learned from practice" tweet.

Exactly. They can talk all day with speculation, but flat out saying.. "Based off what I saw in pracitce, they are doing... X, Y Z..."

So Bo can close the facilities to reporters at the end of practice as well if he is concerned about it. It's simply not for reporters to self censor information Bo is letting them have.

Well, for example, Texas Tech keeps these things out of the media and who is injured and what they are practicing by the media waiting for the coaches in the media room. Basically so they can't see who is in street clothes or whatever. Again, they could get more private with it if they want, I just dislike our scheme being released pre-maturely, or who is practicing and who isn't unless the coach makes it known.

How many of these starters were playing last year? The main point is during the week, you practice what you think you are going to see, based on what they have on you for film. Is a 4-2 to a 4-3 an earth shaking wrinkle? No, but with the youth on the team, and just the ability to come out in something that the other team may have not practiced for could be the difference between us being down by 3 at the end of the 1st, or being up 14-0 or more at the end of the 1st.

I hope we're able to adjust from what we've practiced during the week and that our armamentarium exceeds just those things that we've worked on for the past few days. Back to the point of the OP, does anyone think that the SDSU staff saw those tweets and said "Aha!!! We know how to trick those rascals. They'll never expect us to spread the field. Boy we'd never have thought of that if that fool reporter hadn't spilled the beans"?

They were at the start of the regular season, which was different from last year. McKewon wrote about it. Bo may have opened it up since then, though. I haven't heard.

I don't think that has changed. I'm still hearing people like Sipple say "We're not there so we don't know..."

I hope we're able to adjust from what we've practiced during the week and that our armamentarium exceeds just those things that we've worked on for the past few days. Back to the point of the OP, does anyone think that the SDSU staff saw those tweets and said "Aha!!! We know how to trick those rascals. They'll never expect us to spread the field. Boy we'd never have thought of that if that fool reporter hadn't spilled the beans"?

I'll bet when they were thinking on whether to go to spread or not, if the tweet was pointed out, it solidified their stance. My point is, did it help them? Maybe not. Could it have? Yes absolutely. Did it help Nebraska? No. Did it hurt Nebraska? Possibly. Why even risk it?

Last edited:
I'll bet when they were thinking on whether to go to spread or not, if the tweet was pointed out, it solidified their stance...

Maybe. But I have a hard time believing that a professional coach bases a major part of his offensive game plan on something he heard on social media from a reporter. Furthermore, if I thought some coach used that info in serious game-planning I'd be using social media as a source of dis-information to try to gain an advantage on my opponent.

No I dont think they said A-ha, but (and who knows if they did indeed see them, assuming they did) I bet they went back the following day and had the scout team D in a 4-3 as opposed to a 4-2. And based off of what they showed all year, a strong power run game, they came out in the spread. The bottom line, is they may have had all week to work on the 4-3, we had 1 Qtr to see their gameplan and try to adjust, which we did ultimately. They may have decided Sunday night they were going to come in and spread us out. The bottom line, why put anything out there to sway an advantage? Its absolutely shunned to give another team "poster board" material... but ok to flat out give away a scheme change?

Last edited:

I've been mad at everything lately, so trying to gauge if i'm being unreasonable. What are your thoughts on these tweets from practice by members outside the football team? Quite frankly it pisses me off....

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC 17h
It is my duty to report what you probably already figured -- Taylor Martinez did not suit up for Wednesday's practice. #Huskers

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan 17 Sep
Things we learned at practice today: Taylor Martinez may not start Saturday and NU will play with three LB's most of the game vs. SDSU.

***: How is this any different from releasing a depth chart?

Maybe. But I have a hard time believing that a professional coach bases a major part of his offensive game plan on something he heard on social media from a reporter. Furthermore, if I thought some coach used that info in serious game-planning I'd be using social media as a source of dis-information to try to gain an advantage on my opponent.

So you would have Sean Callahan or Brian Christophersen tweet out false information, ruining their credibility? These aren't just average joe's that tweeted it out, these are guys that are trying to make a name for themselves by getting things out first and being right about it.

But, you are correct that most coaches don't create a gameplan based on tweets. That being said, it can make you feel better about something or tweak it due to what you've read or heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back