• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does anyone else have a problem with these tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been mad at everything lately, so trying to gauge if i'm being unreasonable. What are your thoughts on these tweets from practice by members outside the football team? Quite frankly it pisses me off....

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC 17h
It is my duty to report what you probably already figured -- Taylor Martinez did not suit up for Wednesday's practice. #Huskers

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan 17 Sep
Things we learned at practice today: Taylor Martinez may not start Saturday and NU will play with three LB's most of the game vs. SDSU.

Why? I have no problem with this at all...they are doing their job....go take a 5 mile run friend....it does wonders for me.....

Oh and lighten up....you seem to have in the grip of the dooms day gang of late...:) :)

I almost lost my wife in her second surgery....gave me a lot of perspective on life....its short enjoy it...being angry just makes life miserable....

Last edited:
tweets don't bother me in the slightest. Have never read one and have no intention of starting; except for RR's linking them on the board of course.

You learn more through those these days then you just about everywhere else...great resource

tweets don't bother me in the slightest. Have never read one and have no intention of starting; except for RR's linking them on the board of course.

I don't have any problem with those 2 tweets! I like to be informed and they are simply doing what they are paid to do. I do not see any huge value to the opposition with what was said. It's still speculation based on what they say... but Bo could change that in a heartbeat.

BTW since we already played SDSU don't think that info is especially germane to anything......... :eek:

Last edited:
I know the fans like to be informed....

But our coaches have stated "Martinez will play if he's 100 percent" and we have media members tweeting that he hasn't practiced the past week. Wouldn't it be better if Illinois had to prepare for Martinez, Armstrong, and/or Kellogg III??? At no point have our coaches tipped the hand of who's playing QB, media has.

And then Callahan tweets we will be in a 4-3 most of the game when SDSU had to try and decide if since they were mostly power, if we were going to be in 3 LBs or stay in nickel to keep Evans on the field? This tweet comes out and then all of a sudden SDSU comes out in a spread offense, something they hadn't ran until the week before Nebraska. Could have been a coincidence, but at the same time why does that need to be tweeted what our scheme is in practice???

I just don't understand why what is going on in practice is being reported??? It gets us fans more information yes, but come on, it's about winning games... People wonder why Bill Snyder and Hoke shut practices down to the media

You and I agree much of the time....we disagree on this.....

Information is so easy to get these days.....

Honestly I don't think putting this out is making a difference and helping another team....if we do our job its not going to matter....and that's the bottom line...

I know the fans like to be informed....

But our coaches have stated "Martinez will play if he's 100 percent" and we have media members tweeting that he hasn't practiced the past week. Wouldn't it be better if Illinois had to prepare for Martinez, Armstrong, and/or Kellogg III??? At no point have our coaches tipped the hand of who's playing QB, media has.

And then Callahan tweets we will be in a 4-3 most of the game when SDSU had to try and decide if since they were mostly power, if we were going to be in 3 LBs or stay in nickel to keep Evans on the field? This tweet comes out and then all of a sudden SDSU comes out in a spread offense, something they hadn't ran until the week before Nebraska. Could have been a coincidence, but at the same time why does that need to be tweeted what our scheme is in practice???

I just don't understand why what is going on in practice is being reported??? It gets us fans more information yes, but come on, it's about winning games... People wonder why Bill Snyder and Hoke shut practices down to the media

Oh tweets I though you said peeps

[video=youtube;zvaKWQb2TA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvaKWQb2TA4[/video]

Ok, let me try to put it another way because I am not relaying this properly...

As a fan, absolutely I would love to have the playbook and what the first call of the game is going to be and what we were going to try and do to slow down another team or what our offense was going to do to attack the defense.

But my question is, if you are Bo Pelini, are you happy that your defensive scheme and personnel package is getting put on the internet for anyone to have? A personnel package that SDSU hadn't seen yet so they were having to guess who it was going to be? Are you happy that you are trying to keep it hush who your starting QB is going to be on Saturday to make Illinois have to prepare for 3 different people, and it gets tweeted out that your 4 year starter just hasn't practiced at all the past couple weeks?

Tell me where this is....I'd like to see it....bold below....

I think your reacting a bit here...

Ok, let me try to put it another way because I am not relaying this properly...

As a fan, absolutely I would love to have the playbook and what the first call of the game is going to be and what we were going to try and do to slow down another team or what our offense was going to do to attack the defense.

But my question is, if you are Bo Pelini, are you happy that your defensive scheme and personnel package is getting put on the internet for anyone to have? A personnel package that SDSU hadn't seen yet so they were having to guess who it was going to be? Are you happy that you are trying to keep it hush who your starting QB is going to be on Saturday to make Illinois have to prepare for 3 different people, and it gets tweeted out that your 4 year starter just hasn't practiced at all the past couple weeks?

Things we learned at practice today: Taylor Martinez may not start Saturday and NU will play with three LB's most of the game vs. SDSU.

The three LB's that will most likely start in the 4-3 per @CoachJP_NU - Banderas (Mike), Gerry (Buck) and Anderson (Will).

The second group LB's are Rose (Will), Santos (Mike) and Afalava (Buck). #Huskers

So? Not to hard to figure on Taylor and as far as the LBs go....we are young and the group is still in transition....nothing here to help Illinois...

The three LB's that will most likely start in the 4-3 per @CoachJP_NU - Banderas (Mike), Gerry (Buck) and Anderson (Will).

The second group LB's are Rose (Will), Santos (Mike) and Afalava (Buck). #Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back