• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Divisions confirmed by MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what happens to the protected cross overs?

Since we're breaking up the Illinois-Northwestern cross over, does that mean the two Illinois schools will get the newbies?

NebraskaPenn State
IowaPurdue
MichiganOhio State
Michigan StateIndiana
MinnesotaWisconsin
Northwestern???
Illinois???

<tbody>
</tbody>
Probably makes the most sense. Northwestern gets Rutgers, Illinois vs Maryland. Fairly competitively balanced that way.

jd_turtle.jpg

"I like turtles."

So what happens to the protected cross overs?

Since we're breaking up the Illinois-Northwestern cross over, does that mean the two Illinois schools will get the newbies?

NebraskaPenn State
IowaPurdue
MichiganOhio State
Michigan StateIndiana
MinnesotaWisconsin
Northwestern???
Illinois???

<tbody>
</tbody>

Didn't they determine that the Illinois move wasn't final yet?

Which means that it could still be Wisconsin, I think that competition will balance over time, having Wisconsin and Iowa, or Wisconsin and Nebraska play only a third of the time is bogus IMO.

We wouldn't have anyway, except for Penn St. Osu and wisky. An DONU must earn the right to face eachother in the ccg

I know what you're trying to say and my point was the rotated years when those games are scheduled. What I was talking about is what the guys said from Big 10 and Beyond. They indicated the possibility of the end of cross division games which is where my comment came from. Hope that makes sense. Regardless, I knew the current schedule was for NU not to play OSU for potentially another 4 years.

Last edited:
Buckeyes seem like the big winners here, get to compete in the "new" east coast territories every year (being in same division) - meanwhile we legends see the newbies a third of the time.

Swapping wisco and um just makes too much sense for the clowns running this conference.
Like NU, UM will always rise again. Same for OSU and, before the sanctions, PSU. The same can't be said for Wisconsin. What happens when Alvarez retires? They don't have a fanbase that will ensure they maintain excellence quite like the big four. Besides that, while I would like to play Wisconsin annually, I'd much rather play Michigan. Better team, bigger game, better history, better brand.

Yay. We will get to play osu 2 out of 6 years. Meanwhile we have a stupid "rival" game with a team that can never be a rival.
Let's send Iowa to the Leaders Division. :Biggrin:

9 conference games makes more sense now I think. 6 against your division and 3 against crossover. 1 protected and the other 6 teams you play 2 of every 6 years. That's the only way it makes sense to me unless you go to 10 conference games which doesn't do much for me.
I agree eight games isnt going to cut it. Even nine games, just like now, will leave some players finishing their college careers without ever playing all the teams in their conference. I think that stinks. It's not so terrible if you miss out on Indiana or Purdue, but who want's to go their whole career and never get to play OSU or Michigan?

With ten conference games, you could have 6 division games, 3 crossover games, and 1 protected crossover. Players would then play a home and away with every team during their four year career. Not sure how to make that work, as it would mean a school's 11th and 12th games would need to be home games to give the AD's the seven home games they require, and that means FCS-type exhibitions.

Champaign is about 4 hours south of chicago. Much closer to Indianapolis. How about an indy trip every year? :cool:
I have an aunt and uncle that live in Champaign. I was hoping we'd get a game there sooner.

Buckeyes seem like the big winners here, get to compete in the "new" east coast territories every year (being in same division) - meanwhile we legends see the newbies a third of the time.

if you have to play a newbie, Illinois is not a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back