• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Disappointing BIG matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

All I care about is breaking the "Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1999" mantra. Get that monkey off our back anyway possible.

Imagine if Wisconsin and UCLA win ... Yikes!

Maybe the Bowls have outlived their usefulness ....

Now there's the doomsday scenario I hadn't considered. :rolfl:

The bowls have definitely outlived their place as exhibition games, since CFB uses them in place of playoffs. Still, I'd just as soon we take Wisconsin out of the equation with a good smashing in Indianapolis.

Also, Georgia Tech (6-6) plays for the ACC Championship.

And they are not yet bowl eligible because of their victory over something called Presbyterian. If they lose to FSU, they need a waiver to get into a bowl.

Last edited:

Really people.... we are 10-2 during a season where our best player played about a tenth of the snaps...

We lost to UCLA in a game we could have won where the said player did not even suit up.... and for all you who are poo pooing UCLA... they are playing for a conference championship on Friday... if anyone actually thinks UCLA put their heart and soul into that game last night, I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.... UCLA showed a quarter of their playbook because they had no desire to go play up in Autzen against Oregon if they had beaten Stanford yesterday...

We then lost to Ohio State because of mental errors and a complete inability to stop a QB counter... I am not convinced that Ohio State is a special team, they are good but nowhere near great... just like us...

As for playing Wisconsin... we had better win because this is the worst team they will have in years... and the prize is a chance to go to the Rose Bowl and to likely play one of the hottest teams in college football in Stanford...a team that derailed Oregons season and were screwed out of a TD at Notre Dame that would have changed the entire landscape of the BCS championship.... a win against Stanford would get this program back on the real map and likely have us a top 5 preseason team and back to dreaming big...

Also... as for the ACC.... Clemson and Florida State are very very good... costly turnovers cost them both yesterday... neither of those games were blow outs and both lead in the 3rd quarters... Ga Tech also put up 458 yards to UGAs 378.... but still lost by 30... moral of the story... you can't turn the ball over...surely everyone on this board knows that familiar story.

The good news? We're playing a 7-5 team for a CONFERENCE TITLE. Somebody check the North Stadium and tell me when the last time we took home a conference title was.

All of our last shots at conference titles were against heavily favored Oklahoma or Texas teams. I'm not saying we'll cream Wisconsin, but we probably have one of the easier paths to a title in recent Nebraska history.

Besides, if we win, we'll also get a BCS Berth (2001?) and looking back, nobody will remember how crappy our opponents were/weren't. They'll just remember that 2012 was the year Nebraska ended the CCG and BCS drought.

Oklahoma was not much of a favorite, under a TD no matter when you bet. I got in as soon as it got up to 4 1/2.

http://www.thespread.com/ncaaf-arti...raska-vs-oklahoma-spread-a-total#.ULJERqDl9IE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back