• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Disappointing BIG matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least if we replay UCLA it'll be a shot at redemption.

I am looking forward to a match up with Stanford ... That would be a great chance for a real statement game. I hate rematches as it is ... Two in a row would drive me crazy!

I am looking forward to a match up with Stanford ... That would be a great chance for a real statement game. I hate rematches as it is ... Two in a row would drive me crazy!

I do too, that's why I built an anti-rematch mechanism into my copyrighted, super premium, divisionless scheduling system. Ok, sorry, I'll stop hijacking the thread.

But, at least both rematches would be for something tangible!

And this is a problem the divisional arrangement solves? Look at this year, Wisconsin had the easier of two divisions and has a worse record than Michigan, Michigan had the harder schedule and doesn't get to go to the game despite a better record. This problem is endemic to the divisional arrangement as well.

But you still have equal division play deciding the reps from each division.

The matchup with Wisconsin is good news and bad news.

The good news is that if we stink it up and lose to a 7-5 Wisconsin team, no one will care and no one will be watching because no one cares about a 10-2 team playing a 7-5 team.

The bad news is that if we play well and win, no one will care and no one will be watching for the same reasons.

But you still have equal division play deciding the reps from each division.

Equal division play? Well kind of. The only way what you're saying can be precisey true is in a round robin division with no crossover play. You do play all of the teams which are eligible for a particular slot in the current system, but you don't have an equal road. Do you really think that Michgan's games against Illinois and Purdue were equivalent to our games against Penn State and Wisconsin? Those are two games we could have easily lost, compared to games that Michigan handled easily, had they gone the other way we would not be where we are. Also, you should look at how the schedules could actually pan out in a hypothetical that I proposed in my thread. I want to quit hijacking this one, so maybe you'll continue to share your thoughts on that thread.

It's my thought that Michigan is more deserving of the leaders slot than Wisconsin this year, also if we didn't have division play in a year without the sanctions the best two teams would still be Nebraska and Ohio State, and we would play.

The two ineligible universities should not be listed in the standings of their division. Wisconsin should be at the top of the division as the rules abiding member of the conference that won the most games in that division. At the bottom of legends division the two ineligible universities should be listed with a note that because of rules violations they are omitted from BIG conference and divisional championships.

The two ineligible universities should not be listed in the standings of their division. Wisconsin should be at the top of the division as the rules abiding member of the conference that won the most games in that division. At the bottom of legends division the two ineligible universities should be listed with a note that because of rules violations they are omitted from BIG conference and divisional championships.

The legends division doesn't have any ineligible members, though Michigan and Nebraska are on probation for practicing too much and giving away free books.

Last edited:

The good news? We're playing a 7-5 team for a CONFERENCE TITLE. Somebody check the North Stadium and tell me when the last time we took home a conference title was.

All of our last shots at conference titles were against heavily favored Oklahoma or Texas teams. I'm not saying we'll cream Wisconsin, but we probably have one of the easier paths to a title in recent Nebraska history.

Besides, if we win, we'll also get a BCS Berth (2001?) and looking back, nobody will remember how crappy our opponents were/weren't. They'll just remember that 2012 was the year Nebraska ended the CCG and BCS drought.

Ohio State is the Leaders Division winner. They get a trophy and everything. They don't get to represent the division in the CCG.

The good news? We're playing a 7-5 team for a CONFERENCE TITLE. Somebody check the North Stadium and tell me when the last time we took home a conference title was.

All of our last shots at conference titles were against heavily favored Oklahoma or Texas teams. I'm not saying we'll cream Wisconsin, but we probably have one of the easier paths to a title in recent Nebraska history.

Besides, if we win, we'll also get a BCS Berth (2001?) and looking back, nobody will remember how crappy our opponents were/weren't. They'll just remember that 2012 was the year Nebraska ended the CCG and BCS drought.

Still, if we win, this will be the first time we've ever won a rematch. In my mind rematches always seem to favor the initial loser. The rematch aspect worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back