• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Depth Chart Released For Fresno State Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two biggest surprises to me: Marcus Newby starting at SAM, and Tre Bryant passing Mikale Wilbon at IBack.
Nice to see Alonzo Moore and DPE "OR" at Wide Out. A little surprised that Zach Darlington is listed at QB again. Good Job Gabe Rahn, but where's the freshmen (Alston, Spielman, McDonald, etc)?

I'm not surprised about Newby. He flashed some serious potential last season and MRI hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

One of the most interesting things to me is that under the "Defensive Career Starts" section it mentions Price having 3 career starts on the OL. I can only assume they mean Givens Price, but I'm pretty sure he's no longer eligible to play.

Completely agree. I'd really like to see POB be the 2nd guy. He needs some game snaps and separation from Gebbia. Using Fyfe does nothing. It will assure NU will have a guy in 2017 w zero snaps. Not sure that's a good idea. We shall see.

I was thinking he should've been highlighted in green as a former walk on. But I also agree that O’Brien should get some snaps this year

Last edited:
What did you see everyday at practice that gives you such insight?

Yes, we don't get to see practice. We do, however, get to see the games. Do you feel that TN is an elite back? I don't. Not saying he's bad, but Ozigbo seemed way more decisive with better vision. It may all be a moot point in the end with the waves Tre Bryant is creating.

No doubt.
Yes, we don't get to see practice. We do, however, get to see the games. Do you feel that TN is an elite back? I don't. Not saying he's bad, but Ozigbo seemed way more decisive with better vision. It may all be a moot point in the end with the waves Tre Bryant is creating.
The problem with your premise is that it doesnt account for 8 months of off season where newbys worked hard in the film room to get better and worked on his decisiveness and assumes hes not gotten better. This depth chart proves hcmr is willing to put whose best above seniority. I trust his judgement over yours

Completely agree. I'd really like to see POB be the 2nd guy. He needs some game snaps and separation from Gebbia. Using Fyfe does nothing. It will assure NU will have a guy in 2017 w zero snaps. Not sure that's a good idea. We shall see.
I agree however from what weve heard the coaches wanted thst too but pob has not adjusted andvhas long long ways to go

The problem with your premise is that it doesnt account for 8 months of off season where newbys worked hard in the film room to get better and worked on his decisiveness and assumes hes not gotten better. This depth chart proves hcmr is willing to put whose best above seniority. I trust his judgement over yours

My premise does account for the 3 seasons we've already seen him play, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I hope Newby has a great season, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edit: Newby is the most senior back on the team, FWIW.

Last edited:

Maybe . . . but I just think you either have the vision to find the crease or you don't and you are either a physical runner or you aren't. Newby has never been very good at breaking contact, has never been very decisive and seems to run into traffic a good deal when there seems to be space there. If there is a big hole right in front of him, he can hit it and make a good gain. Ozigbo, in his first year, seemed to have all that . . . seems to have the instincts to make things happen.

Could Newby be a better back this year? I have my doubts. If he is, then great . . . but I'd hate to see Ozigbo riding the pine because he's not as "experienced or complete" or whatever. Same goes for Bryant. If the kid is lights out--feed him the rock.

Forgot about him. My bad. I am relaxed. Still though, would really love some separation between POB and Gebbia. Not a recipe for success w two high profile QB's 1 year apart, if that. Someone will be pissed off when they don't get the job.

true, but I would rather be USC a decade or so ago with a stockpile than worrying about whether our backup can play.

I think we win with Tommy, but would rather have the depth issue than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back