• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Depth Chart Released For Fresno State Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame MRI has had so many injuries, but glad to see Marcus Newby get the nod. Brings more versatility to the position with better coverage skills.

Shame MRI has had so many injuries, but glad to see Marcus Newby get the nod. Brings more versatility to the position with better coverage skills.

Yep...also shows that Newby has been getting better and better. Afterall, many were expecting MRI getting the nod, but Newby has improved to move past him. Outstanding depth at LB at the moment.

Riley on Lamar Jackson (via 247):

Based on playmaking ability, freshman Lamar Jackson has forced his way onto the field, Riley said. “Lamar has gotten to the point that we can do things were we have to get him in the game,” Riley said. “He has to be on the field. What he might lack in the pure evolution of playing the position as far as technique, he makes up for with instinctual play of football and being a very good athlete. If I were to summarize that, he can make plays.”

I give it four games before he permanently takes over one of those CB spots...

Riley on Lamar Jackson (via 247):

Based on playmaking ability, freshman Lamar Jackson has forced his way onto the field, Riley said. “Lamar has gotten to the point that we can do things were we have to get him in the game,” Riley said. “He has to be on the field. What he might lack in the pure evolution of playing the position as far as technique, he makes up for with instinctual play of football and being a very good athlete. If I were to summarize that, he can make plays.”

I give it four games before he permanently takes over one of those CB spots...

I wouldn't be surprised either. The way Riley said this and felt he then had to say the bolded is about as big a compliment you can get.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised either. The way Riley said this and felt he then had to say the bolded is about as big a compliment you can get.

Gotta love the emphasis being put on getting our best athletes on the field. Regardless of year or position... like seeing Newby get the start over MRI, and won't be surprised to see Mo Barry coming in quite often either.

Two biggest surprises to me: Marcus Newby starting at SAM, and Tre Bryant passing Mikale Wilbon at IBack.
Nice to see Alonzo Moore and DPE "OR" at Wide Out. A little surprised that Zach Darlington is listed at QB again. Good Job Gabe Rahn, but where's the freshmen (Alston, Spielman, McDonald, etc)?

I hope Alsron ultimately sticks around. Not that I know anything to the contrary, just hope we see this young man on the field

Completely agree. I'd really like to see POB be the 2nd guy. He needs some game snaps and separation from Gebbia. Using Fyfe does nothing. It will assure NU will have a guy in 2017 w zero snaps. Not sure that's a good idea. We shall see.

Tanner Lee does not have zero snaps, so this is not assured. Relax.

Completely agree. I'd really like to see POB be the 2nd guy. He needs some game snaps and separation from Gebbia. Using Fyfe does nothing. It will assure NU will have a guy in 2017 w zero snaps. Not sure that's a good idea. We shall see.

Lee will be here for 2 more years. That's the experience buffer for next year at a minimum . . . and it sounds like he's the best QB we have right now (he just can't play). Ideally, you RS POB this year and then he competes with Lee next year and either beats him out or gets his game action behind Lee, because Gebbia almost certainly needs a RS year with his size, IMHO.

POB ideally only plays this year if TA gets hurt and is out extended time and/or we're falling off the cliff and you need to break the emergency glass to try to save the season.

Tanner Lee does not have zero snaps, so this is not assured. Relax.
Forgot about him. My bad. I am relaxed. Still though, would really love some separation between POB and Gebbia. Not a recipe for success w two high profile QB's 1 year apart, if that. Someone will be pissed off when they don't get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back