• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Demariyon Houston enters the portal

what did i say that was incorrect?
Where did I say you were incorrect?

But if we want to go there we've had the most scholarship players leave too. Does it really make us feel better that we would lead the division in walk-ons leaving AND scholarship guys? "We have a big walk-on program" as a response to how many transfers out we have is right up there with "Riley culture was so bad" as reasoning for what we've seen the last 3 seasons. Do both points have an impact, yes. Should either of those things make it as bad as it is currently? No.

Last edited:

Does Canada have soldiers?

Yes, they're actually quite good, which they are glad to tell anyone who will listen. Small, trim military, but they pay relatively well, and they have a high retention rate with a lot of lifetime service. They're great on the battlefield, but you'd like to punch them any other time. They're like Boise State fans, using every obscure metric and statistic to prove that they're the best without having to go out and prove it on their own where it counts.

Yes, they're actually quite good, which they are glad to tell anyone who will listen. Small, trim military, but they pay relatively well, and they have a high retention rate with a lot of lifetime service. They're great on the battlefield, but you'd like to punch them any other time. They're like Boise State fans, using every obscure metric and statistic to prove that they're the best without having to go out and prove it on their own where it counts.
That's a great comparison.

That's a great comparison.

I never served in the military, but I was working in Kabul for three years, and we spent a lot of time at the ISAF bases, and I had a continual flow of soldiers coming through my classroom to discuss their home countries for geography, politics, etc. Anybody who served with the Canadians will agree with what I said, though they might not say the nice things to their faces so as to prevent them from becoming intolerably obnoxious. FWIW, the Brits are good but overpaid. The South Koreans are machines. The Dutch were either fantastic or awful. The French were perverts, and the Italians were ... Italian.

If we are worried about the duck-r in 2021 then we don't have a winning season.

Our future hopes are tied to a down hill running game, controlled passing game with 70+ percent completions to our big receivers both WR and TE corps.

We finally have a O-line that can compete in the BiG that can make the above happen, so no more scheming, just fundamental football, combined with hopefully much improved special teams play and 6-8 wins is doable.

Do it the old fashion way, "earn it" (E F Hutton flash back :) ).

Duck-r is NOT required to make that happen, in fact takes away from the changed philosophy that is needed and outlined above.

GBR
TO couldn't have said it better himself. (Ok.. he probably could have said it better). Still, a solid post).

Last edited:

I never served in the military, but I was working in Kabul for three years, and we spent a lot of time at the ISAF bases, and I had a continual flow of soldiers coming through my classroom to discuss their home countries for geography, politics, etc. Anybody who served with the Canadians will agree with what I said, though they might not say the nice things to their faces so as to prevent them from becoming intolerably obnoxious. FWIW, the Brits are good but overpaid. The South Koreans are machines. The Dutch were either fantastic or awful. The French were perverts, and the Italians were ... Italian.
I did serve and agree with most. Never served with Canuccks so I can not speak to that. I will say the ROK Marines (Republic of Korea) were BA. They were very tough and professional. The Blue Dragon Brigade was among the most feared in Vietnam. They were known for doing some things Americans could not.

I was on their base in the early 80s in Pohang. A buddy and I walked by their formation as the SMAJ was inspecting. One of their guys broke the Position of Attention. The SMAJ beat his @$$ for about 5 minutes moved on to the next guy and the guy who was just beat Jumped up to attention. They take discipline very seriously.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back