• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Demariyon Houston enters the portal

Where did I say you were incorrect?

But if we want to go there we've had the most scholarship players leave too. Does it really make us feel better that we would lead the division in walk-ons leaving AND scholarship guys? "We have a big walk-on program" as a response to how many transfers out we have is right up there with "Riley culture was so bad" as reasoning for what we've seen the last 3 seasons. Do both points have an impact, yes. Should either of those things make it as bad as it is currently? No.
I think the portal makes it much easier for a walk-on to actually transfer and play at another school. In the old days, only a handful or so walk-ons stuck it out for 5 years. The rest most likely quit football and finished school. Now, a good number of those 20 or so kids can enter the portal and find be found by a lower level school much easier.

Of course, that is after they've been developed for a couple years at NU. :)

I think the portal makes it much easier for a walk-on to actually transfer and play at another school. In the old days, only a handful or so walk-ons stuck it out for 5 years. The rest most likely quit football and finished school. Now, a good number of those 20 or so kids can enter the portal and find be found by a lower level school much easier.

Of course, that is after they've been developed for a couple years at NU. :)
Agree. I think i've said on here before that if i'm Wilhite i'm going to the kids that have D2 and FCS offers and saying "use Nebraska as your JUCO that has the best training table, best weight room, and best competition. Your offer to those schools will still be there when you are done. Give it two years, then go dominate there if things don't go your way in Lincoln."

I have no problem with walk-ons leaving. We take some iffy kids to begin with there (we always have, not a slam).

I never served in the military, but I was working in Kabul for three years, and we spent a lot of time at the ISAF bases, and I had a continual flow of soldiers coming through my classroom to discuss their home countries for geography, politics, etc. Anybody who served with the Canadians will agree with what I said, though they might not say the nice things to their faces so as to prevent them from becoming intolerably obnoxious. FWIW, the Brits are good but overpaid. The South Koreans are machines. The Dutch were either fantastic or awful. The French were perverts, and the Italians were ... Italian.
Another really nice tutorial. :Biggrin:

This thread was a good read. Thanks all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back