• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedrick Mills To Announce His Plans For 2021 In The Next Week

I believe I read that in order for a Sr. to return they must be in Grad school next year. If this is true many Sr.'s choices will be decided by if they truly want to return and go to grad school

Last edited:

And....it will depend if they have someone paying for that grad school.

I think the rules from this year are that a school can extend the scholarship one year because of this Covid year but I’m not sure how that affects budgets...and how willing the athletic department is. I think it also gets a little sketchy because they can find graduate degree money from an outside source if accepted into a graduate program.

Nebraska probably will be fine, money wise, to do whatever it wants but there are a ton of schools that just won’t have the money.

@WestTexasHusker

WestTexasHusker did some research on this aspect IIRC

Perhaps he can chime in.

I know D2 programs that are fully funding super senior scholarships, and I know P5 programs that aren’t funding any. Dealer’s choice.

If Mills isn't coming back, we need to take a hard look at the transfer portal. Not much production (excluding Robinson, who is really a WR) coming back otherwise. Who would be our opening game #1 RB?

Marvin Scott? Looks like he can handle the load- a year in the offense will help immensely.
Problem with transfer portal, do they come from the same type of offense? Ozigbo took a while to get going and it took Mills a few games to get going. How about Maurice Washington? Don't think anyone knows his status other then his name is still listed in the transfer portal.

With average speed and vision he is still our best back at this point. That makes me a little sad.
With a season long ( if Frost is willing to run the ball) performance like he delivered against Rutgers he’s all Big Ten and he does get drafted next year. He’s a real workhorse and a difference maker in a few games on next season’s schedule.

With a season long ( if Frost is willing to run the ball) performance like he delivered against Rutgers he’s all Big Ten and he does get drafted next year. He’s a real workhorse and a difference maker in a few games on next season’s schedule.
I hope he does come back. He is still our best player at that spot. But will he stay healthy and will they use him as a workhorse? I have my doubts on both.

I think he can be an undrafted free agent if he’s interested in the NFL. He absolutely will not get drafted. But he could be a serviceable back in the league if he wants. Selfishly, I would love to see him back in scarlet and cream for another season.

My sentiments exactly.

There’s a chance he’d benefit draft-wise from another year, but maybe he’s hit his pinnacle.

Is he getting his degree this year? Would that make any difference do you think?
Runningback has a short shelf life in the NFL. If he thinks he has a shot at a career he should go. If he does I get even more concerned about the RB room at Nebraska.

I'd like to have him back, if that helps him make his decision :Biggrin:

Maybe I need to place a rush delivery order with voodoomomma29 on Amazon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back