• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedrick Mills To Announce His Plans For 2021 In The Next Week

It would look be great to see him come back a have a finale like Ozigbo did.

But I totally understand him choosing to move on too, especially if he has any chance to make the NFL.

Last edited:

He has the kind of year in 2020 I expected and he's gone.

He didn't, partially because of injuries, so I think he needs to stay to increase his draft position.

He comes back in 2021 and has an Ozigbo kind of year and we're looking at a different scenario for him. Right now he'd have to earn a spot as a UFA and that's a tough row to hoe.

No way he gets drafted in 2021. Best scenario is he makes a roster as an undrafted free agent.

If he returns to Nebraska in 2021, stays healthy, and has a solid year, he will have a shot at getting drafted in 2022.

The choice is clear.
I think that his age 24 is also a considering factor at some point you are what you are and no amount of practice is going to change that. He was the best back we had this year and I do appreciate his contributions but someone else in the room has to stand up and take over

I think he can be an undrafted free agent if he’s interested in the NFL. He absolutely will not get drafted. But he could be a serviceable back in the league if he wants. Selfishly, I would love to see him back in scarlet and cream for another season.
Agree on all fronts

Very young at the position

We have some real talent who I have no doubt one or two will emerge
Let’s hope they get healthy at some point or learn the playbook. Guys have a way of disappearing in this program. I have no idea what has happened to a the studs at WR and RB that we have recruited the last two-three years. I always thought those were 2 positions where young guys could get on the field early. Maybe next year as we love to say around here.

Not to bring up old skeletons, but can you guys imagine how amazing it would be if we had Maurice Washington still?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back