• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Decision time approaching for Aaron Green? Will announce Oct 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not something I wanna hear. That makes me think its somewhere other than NU since everybody has been thinking he is leaning NU. So by choosing NU there would not be anything shocking. I guess it may be shocking to some arrogant texas people.

I agree. I hope I am wrong, but I have always felt he is headed somewhere else due to the fact that he has delayed his decision so long.

Hmmm, shock the world, eh....

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe in Texas it's assumed he'll go there. Maybe people around him think he'll stay away from NU because of the jump to the Big 10... Maybe I'm just trying to keep my hopes up even though they're dwindling...

I hope he's in, I'll be jacked if he is. But that 'shock the world' thing makes me think Cal...

Could be he announces that he will be going to some small Christian School like Wheaton University to pursue the ministry. That would definitely shock the world. Who knows? Guess we will tonight.

As hard as it is to say, My gut feeling said he is going to be a Longhorn. I wonder if he came to Lincoln on October 16th and let the game decide his fate between the two schools.

If he is going to shock the world, it would certainly do so as no one has thought he was going to UT once Malcom Brown committed. This could be our one last kick in the butt by Texas before leaving the conference.

Thats not something I wanna hear. That makes me think its somewhere other than NU since everybody has been thinking he is leaning NU. So by choosing NU there would not be anything shocking. I guess it may be shocking to some arrogant texas people.

I agree. A astatement like that would make one believe he is choosing Florida State or perhaps Cal.

He is going to Nebraska though, dont worry Husker fans.

Shocking the people in Texas is shocking the world for a kid in Texas. Look at some of the UT boards and you'll notice, they speak as if Green has committed to them last week.

I'll just be glad when the process if over for Green. Nothing against him, great kid and great talent, but with the way this has been going (if he does end up being N) the second he doesn't have a 1000 yard season or fumbles once there will be people just itching to point out what a bust he is.

Did Husker fans do that with Marlon Lucky? Other than his amazing Junior year, he was an average college player for someone who had identical credentials as Aaron Green back in 2005.

I'll just be glad when the process if over for Green. Nothing against him, great kid and great talent, but with the way this has been going (if he does end up being N) the second he doesn't have a 1000 yard season or fumbles once there will be people just itching to point out what a bust he is.

I think this kid has too much upside to be a bust. Plus he'll have another Texas brothern (Burkhead) to learn from before he takes his first snap. Combine that with Heard WHEN (I have faith his hard work will pay off in November), he will have great competition to keep him on his toes.

When asked this summer about his timetable for making a college commitment, highly recruited Madison running back Aaron Green was adamant about his desire to complete his senior season and take all his official visits before announcing his decision.

Well, you know what they say about best-laid plans. They tend to fall by the wayside when they hit reality.

Admittedly weary of the recruiting grind, Green said Tuesday that he will announce his college choice Wednesday night at Maranatha Bible Church, where he worships.

“I’ve been tired of it for a while,” Green said before practice. “I’m very comfortable with my decision. I feel good about it. I’ll be glad to get this out of the way, so people can quit calling me to ask where I’m going to school.”

Considering his brother Andrew is a redshirt freshman cornerback for Nebraska, the smart money says Green will choose the Cornhuskers over California, Florida State and Texas.

Then again, that could be too obvious.

There’s also this: Nebraska is leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10 after this season. You wonder how Green would feel about playing all his games so far from home.

All that notwithstanding, Nebraska would be a good fit for Green. And the Huskers really like him.

The wild card could be Florida State. From all reports, Green enjoyed his visit to Tallahassee last month.

“I know a lot of people are saying it’s Nebraska, but he told me he was going to shock the world,” said Madison running back Troy Williams, who has known Green since the fourth grade and is one of his best friends.

Green, 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds, is ranked the No. 3 recruit in the state and No. 28 nationally by Rivals.com. He has rushed for 1,149 yards and 13 touchdowns this season.

Green has helped Madison remain in contention for the District 26-5A championship. The Mavericks, 6-2 overall and 3-1 in district, play Lee at 7 p.m. Saturday at Comalander Stadium.

Madison coach says Green 'can't make a bad choice'

Green narrowed his choices to California, Florida State, Nebraska and Texas during the summer. He visited Florida State on Sept. 18-19, and Nebraska earlier this month on the weekend UT beat the Cornhuskers in Lincoln.

Although he expressed strong interest in California, Green has not made an official visit to the Berkeley campus. He has made only an unofficial visit to UT, but given the number times he’s been on campus, that hardly matters.

Green said during the summer that he wouldn’t rule out going to the same college as Steele running back Malcolm Brown, generally considered the best player in the country at his position. Brown committed to UT just a few days before Steele played Madison in their nationally televised season opener.

Madison coach Jim Streety said he doesn’t know where Green has decided to go to college.

“And I don’t want to know until tomorrow night,” he said, chuckling.

Translation: Streety knew he would be fielding questions about Green’s decision from the media and he didn’t want to be put on the spot.

Streety said Green did a good job of paring his list of colleges.

“They’re all good,” he said. “He can’t make a bad choice.”

Given how early most players commit these days, Streety said it would have been difficult for Green to wait until after the season to make his decision.

“Once all the other guys start committing, things start moving pretty fast,” Streety said. “I think Aaron has handled it all pretty well. It says a lot about him that he's going to announce his choice at his church."

Green’s father said he is glad his son has made a decision.

“I feel he’s at peace with himself,” Tony Green said. “I told him I would be happy wherever he’s happy. I do feel he got kind of tired of recruiting. You get worn down, but then you become friends with some of the coaches recruiting you.

“Kids like Aaron and Malcolm Brown are not used to telling adults no, so it’s tough when they have to tell these coaches that have befriended them that they’re not going to their school. But you just have to realize that these coaches are just going to move on to the next recruit.”

Tony Green speaks from personal experience. A 1975 Sam Houston graduate, he was at defensive back at Baylor for four seasons under Coach Grant Teaff. His older brother, Gary, now head football coach at Sam Houston, also starred for the Cherokees before going on to an All-America career as a cornerback at Baylor.

http://www.kens5.com/sports/DAVID-F...college-choice-Wednesday-night-105844423.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back