• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Decision time approaching for Aaron Green? Will announce Oct 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the real deal....a Reggie Bush like athlete without the baggage...he and T-Magic in the backfield together will some be serious speed and if Heard gets here too that is some giddyup from those three....wow....:)

Martinez, Burkhead, Green, Heard............makes me think of a time in the 90s when we had a stable of backs who were all amazing.

Loved that first video RR, especially how he followed the design of the play and didn't just bounce everything outside and take advantage of his speed. He had some real nice runs between the tackles.

I know all signs point to Nebraska, but isn't he on record as saying he's not a fan of the zone read running style (or was that Heard)? Considering how our offense has morphed into a primary zone read attack offense, that may be a factor for him electing to go elsewhere as well.

I think it was more like he wasn't comfortable with the zone read as they don't run that at Madison. I personally am not a huge fan of it, I think the reason is because we have a young QB who doesn't always make the best read while doing so (we don't always see how bad the decision is because his speed can hide it, unless we go up against a better defense) and it doesn't give a chance to see how great our backs are. But I think maturity of the QB as well as the offense will work well once Green is suited up.

On a sidenote...are we still expecting braylon heard?...Also...this is probably the biggest recruit the Pelini staff has pulled, am I right?

Last edited:
On a sidenote...are we still expecting braylon heard?...Also...this is probably the biggest recruit the Pelini staff has pulled, am I right?

I dont know about that. Aaron is pretty small compared to Andrew Rodriguez and Ryan Klachko!!:lol::lol:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOBcb6YyR2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOBcb6YyR2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Bg2GSogFXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Bg2GSogFXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

insane cutting ability, elusiveness, field vision, acceleration. The zone read looks like a perfectly good fit for that skill set. Thanks for the highlights.

He is the real deal....a Reggie Bush like athlete without the baggage...he and T-Magic in the backfield together will some be serious speed and if Heard gets here too that is some giddyup from those three....wow....:)

And with Burkhead to teach them how it's done, yes sir, these are exciting times! Not to mention the offensive line we're getting to pave the way for them!

Man this kid can ball. I never tire of watching his film. The way he patiently waits for the holes to open up, and then explodes through it. His vision is equally impressive, and his lateral movement is as good as your going to see. I can't even fathom him and T-Mart running zone reads together.

So is it 6:30 MDT??? Are there going to be any live feeds? Red we have some homework for you!

I'll just be glad when the process if over for Green. Nothing against him, great kid and great talent, but with the way this has been going (if he does end up being N) the second he doesn't have a 1000 yard season or fumbles once there will be people just itching to point out what a bust he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back