• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Damion Daniels will announce at 10:35 AM CST on ESPN on NSD (1 February).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel's is your prototypical NT in a 3 - 4 defensive scheme. At 6'1", 315 Ibs. he's going be that guy that theoretically clogs the middle. I remember some of the recruiting guys over at 247 that saw him on his OV and they were impressed with how massive Daniels is. Who know's if he's successful or not, but there have been plenty of three star guys that have become very productive.
He does appear to be a prototypical NT, and I hope, if we get him, that he is one of those productive three-stars. We should know in about two or three years.

Exactly why I think we should corral every three star player in state first. TX kids tend to be overrated. NE kids are usually underrated.
4-11-08_100_0042.jpg

Maybe it can be stated better. I wouldn't use "overrated" per se. I think most TX kids are further along in their development than NE kids are. So maybe a 3 star NE kid has a higher ceiling but will also take more time to develop.
Interesting, since you just described the definition of overrated.

Did I? Recruits are rated at where they are now are they not? God man, why are you always so adversarial?
Texas kids are often overrated because of the acute emphasis on the sport. They are developed specifically for Texas football. They reach their ceiling as players early, and far too many of them either burn out in college, or simply can't compete. The point is that a three star TX kid may look good on film, but may be as good as he'll ever get.

I state my opinion honestly. Others are the ones who think I'm being adversarial. When someone attacks me for expressing my opinion, I have a tendency to defend that opinion. A reasonable discussion can affect my opinion. An attack on my loyalty, my knowledge, or my person never will.

Nope! We don't have a NT yet or on the roster. Daniel's may be the guy, but until he commits I'm also hoping that Diaco has some prospects in his back pocket that we may still hear about.
Actually was gonna start a thread about that. Diaco going to visit one this week to get them to visit. Not sure who it is wonder if it's a flip or a guy like Ellis.

Last edited:
Texas kids are often overrated because of the acute emphasis on the sport. They are developed specifically for Texas football. They reach their ceiling as players early, and far too many of them either burn out in college, or simply can't compete. The point is that a three star TX kid may look good on film, but may be as good as he'll ever get.

I state my opinion honestly. Others are the ones who think I'm being adversarial. When someone attacks me for expressing my opinion, I have a tendency to defend that opinion. A reasonable discussion can affect my opinion. An attack on my loyalty, my knowledge, or my person never will.

Regarding the first paragraph, I agree completely, which is what I was stating with development. That, to me, is not the definition of overrated. Overrated would be saying a 2 star gets 3 because he's from TX, but you admit they are farther along development, which is what I said. Ratings don't account for ceiling.

Regarding the second, I've never questioned your loyalty and I agree those attacks are silly.

I would think a NT type would want to get in on the Huskers. A team that just added his position to our defense and has no prototype guys on our roster. A guy could theoretically be a 4 year starter almost by default.

Actually was gonna start a thread about that. Diaco going to visit one this week to get them to visit. Not sure who it is wonder if it's a flip or a guy like Ellis.

Makes sense. Diaco obviously was recruiting players that match his defensive scheme before he was fired at U Conn. Let's see what happens before Feb 1.

I would think a NT type would want to get in on the Huskers. A team that just added his position to our defense and has no prototype guys on our roster. A guy could theoretically be a 4 year starter almost by default.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back