• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dad got totaled by a Semitruck today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be that good corn he's been eating. :Biggrin:

Thank God. You are fortunate you still have your father with you!

Glad to hear he walked away from something that sounds like it could have been used as footage in a Terminator or Matrix movie. Wow!

And walked away alive!
He was bringing home a tractor and pulling behind him a dirtmover! The truck driver must have fallen asleep because he just rams him from behind!
Dad was in our biggest tractor and we believe this is the only reason that he is still alive! The only injury dad has is by glass cuts on the back of his head were he had to crawl through the back cab window to get out! The tractor, dirtmover and semi were totaled:eek:

The Skunk is very very happy that I have to replace a John Deer 4640 tractor and a dirt mover, but that I still have my father!

PS I did kid him though that he was driving my corn planting tractor!

If you all will thank God for me I appreciate it!
Very, very fortunate. Didn't hurt that he also was pulling something (both length and extra mass to dissipate the energy of the truck).

I have always been interested in argument that the size of vehicle equals safety... what I can tell you from my unscientific anecdotal research of the Houston freeways... Suburban, Expedition, Navigator, F-350... you get hit by an 18 wheeler, you are going to die... I have come to the conclusion that many people driving the really big vehicles get a false sense of security around 18 wheelers... Also you are just a bigger target....

Last edited:

Wow ! Glad to hear nothing more serious happened. The Lord was definitely looking out for your father.

Wow. Glad for the outcome.

The title of your thread should be turned into a song - sort of like the Christmas tune, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer".

Hey Skunkman and PaPa Skunkdaddy.....there is something wrong with this story. I have been mulling it over all day and (pardon the pun) it "hit me like a Mack truck"! Your dad gets hit by a semi that totals the semi, the trailer and the tractor pulling the trailer, and walks away from the accident with a couple of bruises and some glass chards.
Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for that. The irony is, I am a spectator amonst 60,000 people at a football game, gets hit by a USC fan, and end up in ER with stitches and surgery for broken ankle.
Doesn't God have a sense of humor??? I sure Do!!!!:nod:

Glad he's ok....
sorry to hear about all of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back