• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thoughts.....post yours.

Finally had a chance to watch the game. A few things were painfully obvious!
1. The lack of energy from the get go! I understand you are trying to slow it down, but the team looked asleep.
2. The lack of a big is hurting this squad as much on the offensive end as defensive. I didn't see a single entry pass to a post player. Even when they had a man on their back. This is the easiest way to get open looks on the perimeter. I guess the guards didn't see them, which leads to my next point.
3. Parker dribbling around creates ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for this offense. Since teams know he will not score they allow the Huskers to set screens for a guy that is looking to just dribble some more.
4. Watson needs to slow down. Play under control and within yourself.
5. Shields did not attempt to post his man up once. He would only get the ball on the perimeter and teams have that figured out. Unlike how we couldn't figure out the 32 year old center was a lefty!!

I really thought we would see a more open game from the Huskers this year. If you are smaller than your opponent, you try to gain the advantage through pressure and spacing. Why slow it down so teams can get all five guys in the paint and we want to penetrate???? Andrew White is a baller. I woiuld hate to see this team without him.

FWIW...

Dana Altman (that guy that so many Husker fans said couldn't coach in a major conference) has won 70% of his games at Oregon, finished 2nd or 3rd in the league each of the last 4 years, been the the Dance 3 years in a row (winning a handful of games)...after taking over an oregon program that was 9-27 in conference the previous 2 years.

Just thought I'd throw that turd into the punch bowl. ;)

There were a bunch of Husker fans who didn't think Dana Altman couldn't coach in a tougher conference? Really? I may have heard a fan or two try to make that argument, but man, by and large, I didn't hear that sentiment amongst our fan base. Dana Altman is a really good coach and proved early on in his career that he could coach in the Big 8, which was an outstanding conference. Was it just on this board or widespread?

Picked up a win over the weekend against IUPUI (can I buy a vowel?). Won by 25. Nothing too exciting.

Week off for finals and then a roadie to #3 OU. I'm afraid they're going to get wiped out in that one. The good news is they have no games this week so they can get some nagging injuries healed up some.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back