• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thoughts.....post yours.

I never have understood people saying bad things about a team that just straight up beat you, unless they cheated or played dirty. Creighton has better players for their system, and Nebraska is still looking for players period.

I think AWIII is finally getting comfortable playing his role, which is nice. Shavon has brain lock when playing Creighton... or maybe it's dead week. He just can't get going against that team. I thought McVeigh was going to get going for a moment, but it didn't materialize. Nebraska played 10 guys, five true freshmen. I'm hoping that this is a low point rather than the median performance. It's hard to know right now, but here's hoping that there will be good performances that deviate as far positive.

GBR :N:

This was, hands down, the worst I have seen the Huskers play this season. Just a ridiculous number of completely unforced errors, forced shots, failing to run the offense, poor transition play, poor ball movement, poor defense. I was hoping that at some point during the game we would figure out that Creighton's big man was left handed, but it never appeared to happen.

I hope Tim makes them run the stairs in practice today.

It is T M who should be forced to run the stairs! Then when he collapses exhausted, take his little tweeter and throw it away. Last night,s performance once again confirmed his lack of coaching ability. Whatever he had prior to his arrival at NU has obviously been tweeted away!

I never have understood people saying bad things about a team that just straight up beat you, unless they cheated or played dirty. Creighton has better players for their system, and Nebraska is still looking for players period.

I think AWIII is finally getting comfortable playing his role, which is nice. Shavon has brain lock when playing Creighton... or maybe it's dead week. He just can't get going against that team. I thought McVeigh was going to get going for a moment, but it didn't materialize. Nebraska played 10 guys, five true freshmen. I'm hoping that this is a low point rather than the median performance. It's hard to know right now, but here's hoping that there will be good performances that deviate as far positive.

Keep in mind one of the freshman many are counting on (watson), had a walk-on take him to the hole and finger roll on him last night. Hopefully by the time he's a senior, walk-ons won't abuse him like that...

Nobody is dissing Creighton, they played well last night and beat us in a well-officiated game. Saying that the new Big East isn't the old Big East isn't crazy. Let's stop being so sensitive, all of us are Husker fans too, right?

shavon certainly didn't have a great game last night but i don't necessarily fault him. Coach McD simply had a better gameplan, again. He's watched NU enough to know that if you shut down Shields, NU will struggle bigtime. I credit Creighton and their defensive gameplan, because NU had no answer.
Say what you will about CU but i would argue they have a much better system then NU. the players appeared to have a better understanding of what they were doing and how the pieces all fit together. i've been complaining about this after watching Miles' teams the past 4 years. Sure, when it all comes together, NU can look pretty decent. we all know the run they made 2 yrs ago. But when the results are so inconsistent, as they have been for Miles, it makes me wonder how great of an actual COACH he is.

Coach McD is 12 and 0 vs TMiles. Thats at numerous coaching stops, at various levels of bball. When you've beaten someone 12 times in a row, you've got a secret that the other guy is simply not clued in on. It would appear that secret is an ability to coach fundamentals and fit players into a system that is superior.

Last edited:
Coach McD is 12 and 0 vs TMiles. Thats at numerous coaching stops, at various levels of bball. When you've beaten someone 12 times in a row, you've got a secret that the other guy is simply not clued in on. It would appear that secret is an ability to coach fundamentals and fit players into a system that is superior.

I believe it is called "coaching".

One thing I noticed that no one commented on, is that Nebraska has now lost their last 12 road games dating back to last December. 12 straight road losses is not a good thing, they just don't seem to know how to win outside of PBA.

This morning on DB & Sharp they were talking about how UNO appears to have more of an idea of who they are as a basketball team then Nebraska. Ouch.

We seem so clueless on the court for long periods of time. Seems like they is no rhyme or reason to anything we do. No clue what to do when we bring the ball up court. No wonder Petteway just heaved up threes!

FWIW...

Dana Altman (that guy that so many Husker fans said couldn't coach in a major conference) has won 70% of his games at Oregon, finished 2nd or 3rd in the league each of the last 4 years, been the the Dance 3 years in a row (winning a handful of games)...after taking over an oregon program that was 9-27 in conference the previous 2 years.

Just thought I'd throw that turd into the punch bowl. ;)

I will try to look on the positive side regarding the Huskers. The chemistry seems better this year, I have heard that comment on 1620 also.

I feel optomistic about the team on the court this year too.

I beel better about the combo of Hammond, Jacobson and Marrow better than Pitchford, Smith and Abraham. I think the current guys will improve and give us a chance to compete.

I feel better about Shields, White and McVeigh than I did about Shields, Pettaway and Rivers.

I feel better about Webster, Parker and Watson than I did about Webster, Parker and Smith. Mostly because Webster is having some productive moments and I want to feel good about Watson.

B1G is going to be rough for us but I'm more excited about what some of these players can develop in to.

Last edited:

FWIW...

Dana Altman (that guy that so many Husker fans said couldn't coach in a major conference) has won 70% of his games at Oregon, finished 2nd or 3rd in the league each of the last 4 years, been the the Dance 3 years in a row (winning a handful of games)...after taking over an oregon program that was 9-27 in conference the previous 2 years.

Just thought I'd throw that turd into the punch bowl. ;)

Yea, but we had Doc so we didn't need him ;)

This morning on DB & Sharp they were talking about how UNO appears to have more of an idea of who they are as a basketball team then Nebraska. Ouch.

Tim M. was fun and interesting the first 1-2 years, his schtick kind of gets old. HOWEVER, if he starts coaching/winning, it cures everything!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back