• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton basketball 2019-2020

I don't really follow Creighton, but saw this posted elsewhere:
TT is not nearly close to last years team yet (Beard will get them going) but Creighton played great especially Zegarowski, he’s legit. However they were horrid and were destroyed by Aquek Arop and SDSU the night before so they had a lot to prove. Don’t like our chances at all Sat. Also SDSU is a damn good team, expect to see them in March winning some games.

I don't really follow Creighton, but saw this posted elsewhere:
Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of that TT win. Iowa handled them the night before and I'd heard that they lost most of their production from that final 4 team (haven't followed anything basketball related closely enough but I'll assume that's true).

That said, Arop played garbage minutes and had nothing to do with that a-- kicking. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of that TT win. Iowa handled them the night before and I'd heard that they lost most of their production from that final 4 team (haven't followed anything basketball related closely enough but I'll assume that's true).

That said, Arop played garbage minutes and had nothing to do with that a-- kicking. :)
Noticed that Ed Chang isn't on the roster... he was enrolled in the Spring I think. Wonder what he ended up doing.

Depaul beat TT last night for TT's 3rd loss in a row. Depaul is 9-0 now and it looks like they are definitely not the team you look at on the schedule and just mark down 2 wins. They finally have some players. But still...the shine of the TT win will continue to wear off as the season progresses I'm sure.

Jays beat Oral Roberts the other night. Didn't make it but they got out to a 15 point lead at half then it sounds like the slept through the 2nd half and won by 12. Kelvin Jones left with an ankle injury...not sure how serious. Not like they can afford to lose their last guy over 6'7".

Jays beat Oral Roberts the other night. Didn't make it but they got out to a 15 point lead at half then it sounds like the slept through the 2nd half and won by 12. Kelvin Jones left with an ankle injury...not sure how serious. Not like they can afford to lose their last guy over 6'7".

Jones went out late in the first half and did not return to the bench in the second half. It didn't look serious and I read somewhere that Mac said he would be okay.

The Jays did sort of sleep through the second half... I think they had as much as a 22 point lead at times and then snoozed through the last 8 minutes of the game. Bishop played well again and Z is fun to watch. Need the big to come in for Bishop or he won't make through the season...

Jones went out late in the first half and did not return to the bench in the second half. It didn't look serious and I read somewhere that Mac said he would be okay.

The Jays did sort of sleep through the second half... I think they had as much as a 22 point lead at times and then snoozed through the last 8 minutes of the game. Bishop played well again and Z is fun to watch. Need the big to come in for Bishop or he won't make through the season...
The big east is going to be a grind for him.

That Texas Tech win looks a lot better after they beat #1 Louisville last night. Hopefully, they go on to have a really good season.

Roast Beef State on Friday followed by OU on Tuesday then @ASU sometime after that. If they can split those two I'd say that's a pretty solid OOC run of 9-3 with losses to really good Michigan, really good SDSU and neither of those other two would be a bad loss. 10-2 would be a bit much to ask for.

Mahoney is eligible for the OU game. Mintz is supposedly practicing at full speed and Jones is apparently as well. Those 3 will make a positive difference.

That Texas Tech win looks a lot better after they beat #1 Louisville last night. Hopefully, they go on to have a really good season.

Roast Beef State on Friday followed by OU on Tuesday then @ASU sometime after that. If they can split those two I'd say that's a pretty solid OOC run of 9-3 with losses to really good Michigan, really good SDSU and neither of those other two would be a bad loss. 10-2 would be a bit much to ask for.

Mahoney is eligible for the OU game. Mintz is supposedly practicing at full speed and Jones is apparently as well. Those 3 will make a positive difference.

They need those guys back desperately. They can't keep playing their top guys 35 minutes a game and hope to survive once they get into the conference season.

- I really think Mahoney can change the way they play and give them a ton more options when the shots aren't falling from the outside.

- They need a bigger wing defender like Mintz and having him balances out the minutes a ton --, but high ankle sprains are a nasty thing to come back from (and there seemed to be some rumors of him thinking about taking the year off due to the injury and possibly waiting for next year or transferring)

- Jones is obviously a necessity as well on a team that has no other big options on the roster (although I'm fine with Bishop doing what he's doing as the starter)

Creighton outplaying OU tonight. 62 - 76 with 3:59 to go. At one time though, it was 56 - 58 CU.

Nice win by the jays. My guess is OU will be a bubble-ish team so it's a decent resume win. This is the type of game they lose 10 out of 10 times...a "rock fight" so to speak. They shot poorly but, uncharacteristically, got to the line 36 times making 80%. These refs definitely did NOT have a plane to catch. It was physical and chippy at times. Just not the m.o. for a typical jays win where they score in the 80s. That's a REALLY good thing. I, and other Mac critics, have lamented the fact that they are a total finesse team. Is this a sign that this team has the toughness to win games like this regularly? Remains to be seen.

Mahoney is a breath of fresh air. He got to the line for 6 FTs in the first half by playing physical in the paint. That might not sound like much but that is not typical for cu. He's serviceable outside and ca bang on the inside. That's something they haven't had in a while.

Zegarowski is a stud.

Beating ASU would be gravy for the non-con part of the schedule.

If you saw how ASU played last night, you should feel good about the upcoming game. Lost by 40 and only had 3 players score! Weirdest box score I have ever seen.

Sparky.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back