• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton basketball 2019-2020

Unfortunate for CU and CU fans. I certainly would have liked to see Ty stay. Can't blame the kid for pursuing his dreams though, and hope he finds success. bils? a little harsh on the kid aren't we?
Harsh maybe. Just my "analysis" of his potential in the NBA.

REALLY nice college bball player. Just don't know that he has what it takes to stick in the NBA. He's not deadly from 3. He's not going to frighten NBA defenders off the bounce. He plays good defense but not so good he can make a career out of it. I just don't see it. I also kind of wonder if he has that extra something....I don't want to call him soft but he does disappear for long stretches of games. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see a CU player kick ass in the NBA.

It won't kill Creighton. Obviously, you'd prefer to have him back. But if you told me a top 10 team was returning 5 of their top 6 players and something like 75+% of their scoring I'd say they look like they are in pretty good shape heading in to next year. That's where CU sits. I'm in no way saying "CU just reloads!"...not at all. This sucks. But CU is in such a good place with next year's roster that if ever you were going to lose a top performer to the NBA this was the year.

Harsh maybe. Just my "analysis" of his potential in the NBA.

REALLY nice college bball player. Just don't know that he has what it takes to stick in the NBA. He's not deadly from 3. He's not going to frighten NBA defenders off the bounce. He plays good defense but not so good he can make a career out of it. I just don't see it. I also kind of wonder if he has that extra something....I don't want to call him soft but he does disappear for long stretches of games. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see a CU player kick ass in the NBA.

It won't kill Creighton. Obviously, you'd prefer to have him back. But if you told me a top 10 team was returning 5 of their top 6 players and something like 75+% of their scoring I'd say they look like they are in pretty good shape heading in to next year. That's where CU sits. I'm in no way saying "CU just reloads!"...not at all. This sucks. But CU is in such a good place with next year's roster that if ever you were going to lose a top performer to the NBA this was the year.

Agreed. It would be nice to have another shooting wing for next year, but I think people underrate A. Jones' 3 PT shooting and he brings a really broad game to the roster and will diversify what we do on offense and defense.

I think Alexander has a shot due to being a good student of the game and can be a 3-and-D guy who isn't great at either of those, but can also backup at PG and handle the ball a bit. That's not a bad end of the roster guy. It will likely take him a while in the G league, though

Agreed. It would be nice to have another shooting wing for next year, but I think people underrate A. Jones' 3 PT shooting and he brings a really broad game to the roster and will diversify what we do on offense and defense.

I think Alexander has a shot due to being a good student of the game and can be a 3-and-D guy who isn't great at either of those, but can also backup at PG and handle the ball a bit. That's not a bad end of the roster guy. It will likely take him a while in the G league, though
good point on PG. If he can convince someone he can play some point that would help.

Creighton landed a couple of recruits the past couple of weeks, both international players:

Modestas Kancleris - has been on the international/national team circuit a bit, but really looks raw at this point. 6-9 stretch forward type who is long and can run the floor (some of the worst highlight films you'll ever see though!). Creighton had him on campus a couple of months ago, so i'm sure they're comfortable with him and think he'll develop. Maybe even a RS year this year.

Rati Andronikashvili - He's a much bigger commit, IMO. 6-5 Combo Guard/PG. Looks like they kept this one pretty quiet until they got the commit. I kind of assume Marcus Z is gone after this next season, so this kid could play next year and take over a big role the year after.

"
"Rati Andronikashvili, PG, Georgia:

Andronikashvili had a big showing in this event for the second straight year. He has good size for the position and even though he has a slight build, his length and skill help make up for that. What Andronikashvili does best is pass the ball; he has outstanding vision to go with the ball skills and quickness to get into the lane find teammates. Andronikashvili is a more natural creater than scorer and while he can improve his jumper, he is a more efficient scorer as he gets closer to the basket. The upside here is obvious.

Recruiting: Andronikashvili’s recruitment remains somewhat up in the air until he makes a final decision on signing a pro deal or going to college."

Last edited:

The first one is pretty suspect IMO...but i thought the same of Martin Kramplj.

The 2nd one is a huge get. I try not to get excited about film as I'm far from a scout but with his what stands out to me is a natural basketball IQ...He's a BASKETBALL PLAYER...and an athlete. Not the other way around if that make sense. Really excited about that one.

The first one is pretty suspect IMO...but i thought the same of Martin Kramplj.

The 2nd one is a huge get. I try not to get excited about film as I'm far from a scout but with his what stands out to me is a natural basketball IQ...He's a BASKETBALL PLAYER...and an athlete. Not the other way around if that make sense. Really excited about that one.

Completely agree. First kid is a bit of a project, but there are some things to like about him. Reminds me a bit of Lok Wur in terms of length and athleticism, but needs a ton of polish and a good S&C plan. Wouldn't mind seeing him redshirt if we can do that with him this year.

Rati (won't even try to spell his last name unless I copy and paste) is a high level recruit. I'm guessing, Top 100 given where he's been mentioned and the competition he played against. He should play a good number of minutes early and I don't really think he'll be here for 4 years.. so play him early and often

Creighton landed a couple of recruits the past couple of weeks, both international players:

Modestas Kancleris - has been on the international/national team circuit a bit, but really looks raw at this point. 6-9 stretch forward type who is long and can run the floor (some of the worst highlight films you'll ever see though!). Creighton had him on campus a couple of months ago, so i'm sure they're comfortable with him and think he'll develop. Maybe even a RS year this year.

Rati Andronikashvili - He's a much bigger commit, IMO. 6-5 Combo Guard/PG. Looks like they kept this one pretty quiet until they got the commit. I kind of assume Marcus Z is gone after this next season, so this kid could play next year and take over a big role the year after.

"
"Rati Andronikashvili, PG, Georgia:

Andronikashvili had a big showing in this event for the second straight year. He has good size for the position and even though he has a slight build, his length and skill help make up for that. What Andronikashvili does best is pass the ball; he has outstanding vision to go with the ball skills and quickness to get into the lane find teammates. Andronikashvili is a more natural creater than scorer and while he can improve his jumper, he is a more efficient scorer as he gets closer to the basket. The upside here is obvious.

Recruiting: Andronikashvili’s recruitment remains somewhat up in the air until he makes a final decision on signing a pro deal or going to college."

Rati, has nice athleticism....a little loose with the ball...but will work great in CU's system...give him a year in the weight room and with McDermott's system..the kid can flourish as a combo guard...very nice find by the staff.

Creighton kicks off their 2021 class by landing Ryan Nembhard. 89th ranked on the 247 composite, offers from Stanford, Florida, Ohio State, Seton Hall, and USC.

He looks to be the heir apparent to Marcus Z who likely jumps to go pro after this coming season. Pretty much a lock to stay in the top 100, IMO, and a perfect addition who shares the ball and distributes and has a lot of potential as a shooter and scorer as well.

Brother Andrew played for Florida and was 23rd nationally and was thinking of NBA and is now transferring. Ryan reclassified from 2022 to 2021 - some thought to have a chance to play with his brother Andrew.His biggest weaknesses (to me) appear to be cleaning up his shot and becoming more consistent, and adding a bit of strength. Both of those would help his longer term NBA chances .. probably not likely, but Creighton does have a scholarship open, and has shown a lot of results in re-working player's shooting form

Also, 2020 class ended up ranked 28th on 247. Rati 67th, Kalkbrenner 96th, and Kancleris 159th (no idea why he jumped that much, although he played at a lot of camps, so some scouts likely know him), Alex O'Connell not included in the rankings.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back