• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton basketball 2019-2020

Impressed with Kelvin Jones so far...he is no Hakim but provides needed size...just took a nasty fall. Hoping for the best.

Well played game so far. Only a handful of fouls and a couple free throws. Jays lead by 3 at the half.

Amazing how gassed Michigan looked at the end. Not sure they have the right guys to play at the tempo Howard says they want to play

We're Screwed! I can't see us beating either team, Creighton (1) or Michigan (2x), (this year). :Redface:

Michigan too Ballock and Alexander out of the game in the 2nd half and CU had no answer. Mintz being out moves Frosh Mitchell to point and Zegarowski to the off guard...that's not ideal for cu. Went to the lob well too often.

Ultimately their big guy was too much to handle...turns out he didnt poop out like I thought he might.

Just not enough horses to pull that one out.

Picked up a win v. La Tech over the weekend. 82-72. Not sure what their prospects are this year but La Tech was a 20 game winner last year. Definitely better than playing Arkansas Pine Bluff. They have a couple of those but not as many as previous years.

Bishop's offensive game is weak. He's playing out of position so that doesn't help. But even if he was playing the 4...he apparently can't shoot and I'm not sure what he could create against someone his own size. He's not beating big men. He'll get a few lobs (they try it too much) and some put backs. But other than that...

Kelvin Jones on the other hand is averaging 9 and 6 in just 16 minutes. He hustles too. His minutes need to increase if he's going to be that productive.

As per usual the jays don't have anyone that can create off the dribble. I was hoping that would be an area Alexander had worked on over the summer but he's still a jump shooter.

I'm still not high on this team. A guy that can go to the rim and get a bucket would be huge. Hopefully Mahoney is that guy once he is eligible in december

Jays played a couple over the weekend...Friday against Cal Poly. 86-70. Damien Jefferson finally got going a little. 17 points. They need him as he is willing to stick his nose in there and go to the paint more than some others (and actually finish). As usual CU lost the rebound battle. It will be a theme all season. The game was never really in doubt.

Sunday was North Florida. CU trailed at the half and woke up during the break to win by 9. Zegarowski led with 19. He's averaging 18 on the season so far. Shooting 52% overall and 50% from 3. I think he led the BE in 3pt% last year and off to a solid start this year. Assists are up 1 per game and turnovers steady v last year. Rebounds up almost 1 per game. The guy is just a really good basketball player.

CU really needs Denzel Mahoney to be all that people have heard he's been in practice. He's eligible in December. 6'5" guard/foward. They need someone who is more than just a catch and shoot guy. Mintz, as hard as I've been on him, needs to be ready to go 100% by conference season. I hated him as a PG but he's fairly nice as a 2 and plays good defense.

Mac still mystifies on a regular basis. He burns a redshirt for Jalen Windam yet he play 0 minutes the other day while Jett Canfield...a walk-on...gets 8 minutes of what was not mop-up duty. I don't care about an injury or two...a big east program shouldn't be playing walk-ons with games in doubt.

Next up San Diego St. (6-0) on Thanksgiving at 9:30pm...good way (hopefully) to end a hectic day. Iowa or Texas Tech on Friday. I'd like 2-0 obviously but coming out with a split would be an OK result.

Jays on the business end if a 35 point beat down with 2 min to go. Same sh.t different team. 4 skinny, perimeter guards and an undersized guy in the middle. They will win 18 +/- but they will go nowhere and win nothing under Mac. This is plateau. They will play well enough against some good teams to get you thinking the plan is workable but ultimately this is what you get...a finesse, dribble til you find a good 3 team that gets it's azz handed to them by bigger, tougher squads.

How about them Aztecs. That was FUN to watch. N. Carolina losing was fun to watch also.

Looks like a different Creighton team tonight. Draining them 3's. 58 - 48 15 minutes to play

if you like watching creighton get smoked...tune in tonight. Texas tech is going to roll them up.

Creighton is an odd team...... I wasn't able to watch the game but I just read about it. They go up by 19...blow that then win sorta kinda easily in OT. This could be how the season goes....get smoked one night at St. John's or Butler then turnaround and beat Nova the next.

Creighton is an odd team...... I wasn't able to watch the game but I just read about it. They go up by 19...blow that then win sorta kinda easily in OT. This could be how the season goes....get smoked one night at St. John's or Butler then turnaround and beat Nova the next.

Getting Mintz back will help, but this will be a different team with Mahoney in the mix. Some teams can defend Marcus, Alexander and Ballock, but very, very few teams will be able to defend those three plus Mahoney. Mahoney also offers a different kind of offensive player and more length into the lineup in general (6-10 or 6-11 wingspan)

Getting Mintz back will help, but this will be a different team with Mahoney in the mix. Some teams can defend Marcus, Alexander and Ballock, but very, very few teams will be able to defend those three plus Mahoney. Mahoney also offers a different kind of offensive player and more length into the lineup in general (6-10 or 6-11 wingspan)
I'm very interested to see what Mahoney does to the make-up of this team. Many CU fans act as if he's the only missing link...at the end of the day it's still a Mac coached team and as such I'll believe it's not going to be "dribble til you find a 3 you like" when I see it.

Obviously, I was shocked when I saw the score last night (I didn't get to watch it). I wouldn't have expected that but with TT losing to both Iowa and CU I have to wonder what exactly they've got.

I'm very interested to see what Mahoney does to the make-up of this team. Many CU fans act as if he's the only missing link...at the end of the day it's still a Mac coached team and as such I'll believe it's not going to be "dribble til you find a 3 you like" when I see it.

Obviously, I was shocked when I saw the score last night (I didn't get to watch it). I wouldn't have expected that but with TT losing to both Iowa and CU I have to wonder what exactly they've got.
Creighton played well from winning the opening tip off. Even while TT was chipping away at the score, and even into OT, the Jays played well. Tech is pretty good, they got outplayed last night.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back