• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

I hear you, but I'm in one of the 'Essential' businesses and I'm amazed at how many people are still out and about and operating like it's a normal day.

I have no doubt the 'Stay in place' plan will slow and/or limit the transfer, but when you've still got a very, very large part of the population out.....and them coming home....it's going to keep going.

Completely agree. At least with the stay in placers who are in place should help flatten the curve, helping medical providers and preventing some deaths.

Completely agree. At least with the stay in placers who are in place should help flatten the curve, helping medical providers and preventing some deaths.

Yeah, my concern is things 'Normalize' and everyone goes back to being 'Normal' and we're going to see a lot of people previously unexposed, get infected. That may help the hospitals and healthcare in general, but elongate the overall duration of the pandemic.

Yeah, my concern is things 'Normalize' and everyone goes back to being 'Normal' and we're going to see a lot of people previously unexposed, get infected. That may help the hospitals and healthcare in general, but elongate the overall duration of the pandemic.

It’s a fair concern, and a probable result of “flattening the curve.” The hope is that deaths will be mitigated because hospitals will be able to provide the care needed.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 5.18.28 PM.png

As of 5:30 PM 04/01/20

1585781063341.png

Confirmed Cases vs. Deaths in the US.
1585781077071.png

1585781105993.png

Last edited:
One of my best friends has the virus. He's had it for about ten or eleven days. He went to the ER yesterday and did test positive. His oxygen levels were a little low but not terrible (90) and he doesn't have pneumonia. They sent him home. He says it is horrible. Just miserable.

I have to go to work every day (railroad.) I'm plenty worried that's it's just a matter of time before I touch the wrong thing.

A report in the news tonight said that NY EMTs have been instructed that on calls for cardiac arrest, if they can't resuscitate on site, then don't take them to the ER. The Theodore Roosevelt is going to remove all sailors from the ship and quarantine them ashore in Guam.

Still have several cruise ships at sea. Gov. Cuomo says that NY may not hit their peak until the end of April.

Edit: This is going to be worse than anything in my memory and I'm 70. I'm staying home, except for daily walks. Trying to convince my wife that she needs to stop her weekly grocery runs and let our 47 year old son do it.

Last edited:
It’s a fair concern, and a probable result of “flattening the curve.” The hope is that deaths will be mitigated because hospitals will be able to provide the care needed.

Another comment I heard from a healthcare professional is that they're already seeing improvements in how they treat and the outcomes of the most severe cases as they 'process' more and more folks. With the 'experience' that makes sense.

A report in the news tonight said that NY EMTs have been instructed that on calls for cardiac arrest, if they can't resuscitate on site, then don't take them to the ER. The Theodore Roosevelt is going to remove all sailors from the ship and quarantine them ashore in Guam.

Still have several cruise ships at sea. Gov. Cuomo says that NY may not hit their peak until the end of April.

Edit: This is going to be worse than anything in my memory and I'm 70. I'm staying home, except for daily walks. Trying to convince my wife that she needs to stop her weekly grocery runs and let our 47 year old son do it.

Do what it takes to convince her! If grocery delivery is an option where you live, that would be even better.

True - one of the reasons I think this is going to go on for months or possibly until next summer.

Social distancing works. I have never heard San Diego this quite before. While people are still out it is obvious that many are staying home and when people are out most are polite and respecting the 6 foot bubble.

This is an cool article.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back