• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: Mike Anderson Out

Finally some good news for NU BSB,

Now comes an even Bigger decision for Tom...what to do with the program? We could easily spend less and save a few bucks and still compete in the Big 10m but that means NU will likely never big a decent BSB program again. IMO if Tom wants Nu to be able to attract good HS players we need to hire the staff that is similar in quaility to a AAA BSB staff, DO that and NU will be backm go cheap and you might as well save all the money and drop BSB and add mens bowling,

Now comes an even Bigger decision for Tom...what to do with the program? We could easily spend less and save a few bucks and still compete in the Big 10m but that means NU will likely never big a decent BSB program again. IMO if Tom wants Nu to be able to attract good HS players we need to hire the staff that is similar in quaility to a AAA BSB staff, DO that and NU will be backm go cheap and you might as well save all the money and drop BSB and add mens bowling,

That doesn't sound too bad since I have a few young men that might just like to bowl for NU....

You might have noticed we recently built a rather large facility named Hawks Field at Haymarket Park. Seems like it'd be a silly waste of money and a beautiful ballpark to just drop Baseball.

With our facilities and financial resources, we should be able to attract juuuuust about any coach we want.

You might have noticed we recently built a rather large facility named Hawks Field at Haymarket Park. Seems like it'd be a silly waste of money and a beautiful ballpark to just drop Baseball.

With our facilities and financial resources, we should be able to attract juuuuust about any coach we want.

I sort of agree. Thank you, Tom. Lets get a good coach, we will have to pay for him, we don't HAVE to give up on baseball. If we continue the emphasis, we can easlly dominate the Big Ten. Lets do that. Do any of you remember how, a few years ago, we were a cinch to host a regional, and an even or better chance to host a sub? We can continue that. Thanks again, Tom, go get a name guy, or if not, someone you believe has the Van Horn abilitites! And pay for him! Believe it or not, I have hated the current situation where I found it necessary to criticize MA so severely. Now lets move forward. GBR!

Last edited:
I sort of agree. Thank you, Tom. Lets get a good coach, we will have to pay for him, we don't HAVE to give up on baseball. If we continue the emphasis, we can easlly dominate the Big Ten. Lets do that. Do any of you remember how, a few years ago, we were a cinch to host a regional, and an even or better chance to host a sub? We can continue that. Thanks again, Tom, go get a name guy, or if not, someone you believe has the Van Horn abilitites! And pay for him! Believe it or not, I have hated the current situation where I found it necessary to criticize MA so severely. Now lets move forward. GBR!

I feel the same way. And, quite honestly, I have a hard time believing that Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, (and even Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin) wouldn't invest money into Baseball once they see the facilities we have here.

I watched a lot of Big Ten baseball this year on BigTen Network and it is garbage. The facilities are smaller than what we had at my Nebraska Class-B High School. But these are proud schools with proud athletic traditions. I can't see them ignoring Baseball once they see the clear advantage that we essentially have here. It just won't happen.

Nebraska Baseball, with the right Coach, will make Big Ten Baseball relevant.

I feel the same way. And, quite honestly, I have a hard time believing that Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, (and even Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin) wouldn't invest money into Baseball once they see the facilities we have here.

I watched a lot of Big Ten baseball this year on BigTen Network and it is garbage. The facilities are smaller than what we had at my Nebraska Class-B High School. But these are proud schools with proud athletic traditions. I can't see them ignoring Baseball once they see the clear advantage that we essentially have here. It just won't happen.

Nebraska Baseball, with the right Coach, will make Big Ten Baseball relevant.

The B1G is going to have to change some of it's recruiting rules to level the playing field with other conferences. bilsker knows more about this, but there is some weird B1G rule the doesn't allow you to use a scholarship if a player goes pro after an offer, or something similar. bilsker? Can you go over this again?

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!

GOT A CALL, WHILE OUT SHOPPING IN TOWN, FROM MY BUDDY IN NORFOLK!! COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!

Thank you, Dr. Tom! I wish MA well, but it IS time to move on..............and..........UPWARDS!! (from the cellar! :eek: )

OK, let the list begin. One thing I hope, whoever gets the job, he picks up Darin Erstad. None of this should be on Darin's shoulders. He was in his first year, so he deserves a chance. Having Darin around couldn't hurt, period. Also, thank you, Dr. Tom, for ousting Newman! :banana: GOODBYE, NEWMAN!! :)

Last edited:
T.O. didn't say he was fired....he said he wanted the program to go another direction. Apparently the program is gonna run away from the coaching staff.

Apparently, you haven't paid attention to what is going on!! This program was in a shambles, and you want Dr. Tom to give him some more years? Really? :confused:

Doing every game, I, along with a good handful of loyals, had to go thru "you-know-what" too darn long. :(

The B1G is going to have to change some of it's recruiting rules to level the playing field with other conferences. bilsker knows more about this, but there is some weird B1G rule the doesn't allow you to use a scholarship if a player goes pro after an offer, or something similar. bilsker? Can you go over this again?

You give me too much credit. ;) I THINK the rule is that if you have a player drafted as a Jr. you can't fill that scholarship for the next year. So, as I understand it, the programs are incented to not exactly go after guys that have a shot at getting drafted as Juniors....you lose a couple/three and I imagine you could really be hosed the next year.

The Big10 has to change how they look at Baseball and it starts with that goofy scholarship rule. Then the schools need to invest a little, or alot, in their programs. It's a long shot, but the only shot for NU Baseball to be relevant.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back