• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: Mike Anderson Out

I hate that it had to come to this..

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205153857

Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne announced Sunday that he has made a change in the leadership of the Nebraska baseball program.

"I appreciate the efforts of Mike Anderson and his coaching staff, but I have made the decision to change the direction of our baseball program," Osborne said.

"Mike has done an outstanding job with our baseball program academically, and he enjoyed outstanding success on the field early in his head coaching career here at Nebraska. I want to thank him for all of his hard work and everything he has done for our baseball program."

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

He already turned it the wrong direction and 3 years at the bottom isn't movement the right way

T.O. didn't say he was fired....he said he wanted the program to go another direction. Apparently the program is gonna run away from the coaching staff.

Good move. Monumentally easy move (maybe not personally but certainly objectively/professionally). Now NU should go hire someone for about 1/2 what MA was making and save quite a bit of money. Unfortunately, the days of relevance for NU baseball are behind it..that is more due to the Big 10 than MA but there was no reason to pay the guy $330K for what he's done and what NU will be going forward.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back