• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Commit #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

The running back's father, Thomas Cross. told Rivals the family is excited about the decision and happy to have finished the recruiting process.

"I'm happy for him," the elder Cross told the recruiting site. "When he goes off to the (Team USA vs. The World) game (Friday), he will be representing Nebraska. I hope they get a good preview of what they're getting, because it's like my mother said, it will all pan out in the wash.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_0f477ba2-23a7-50df-9f76-af86517b8bfb.html

Welcome aboard. We have a lot of talent and potential at the RB position at the moment with Burkhead, Heard, Green, Abdullah, Marrow (FB), and now Mr. Cross. Welcome to the Family.

Ron Brown is the perfect guy to get our stable back to forefront like it was back in 95......Remember Benning, Childs, Phillips, Sims, & Green, anyone?

Welcome aboard. We have a lot of talent and potential at the RB position at the moment with Burkhead, Heard, Green, Abdullah, Marrow (FB), and now Mr. Cross. Welcome to the Family.

Ron Brown is the perfect guy to get our stable back to forefront like it was back in 95......Remember Benning, Childs, Phillips, Sims, & Green, anyone?

Clinton Childs played for the Omaha Beef for a bit. I remember those guys, you didn't hope for an injury but it was interesting to see guys basically walk out onto the field with no dropoff from the previous RB. Benning and Childs were really good punt and kick returners too.

Clinton Childs played for the Omaha Beef for a bit. I remember those guys, you didn't hope for an injury but it was interesting to see guys basically walk out onto the field with no dropoff from the previous RB. Benning and Childs were really good punt and kick returners too.

Perfect example of system being more important than talent... not saying talent isn't important, but if you have the right system, you can roll guys out who wouldn't necessarily be productive in a more conventional system.

Perfect example of system being more important than talent... not saying talent isn't important, but if you have the right system, you can roll guys out who wouldn't necessarily be productive in a more conventional system.

I keep hearing Mik'l Severe on 1620 say Burkhead would be buried on that depth chart. That may be so...he may not be much better, if at all, than Benning or Childs. But his argument (largely) was that Benning went for something like 5.8 yards a carry and Rex is somewhere around 4.8 (i could be off on what he was saying the averages were). My point is behind THAT line I guarantee...absolutely...that Rex would be averaging more than 4.8. Sure, you have to have a good system. But that "System" back then was just as dead in the water with poor/average OL play as any other system.

Not disagreeing with your statement, but Clinton Childs/Damon Benning/Clester Johnson/Jay Sims athletic and talent-wise would have started anywhere else in the nation. I think more than anything this shows that having talent in your state is important to having a successful program. Those guys were all from Omaha.....

Not disagreeing with your statement, but Clinton Childs/Damon Benning/Clester Johnson/Jay Sims athletic and talent-wise would have started anywhere else in the nation. I think more than anything this shows that having talent in your state is important to having a successful program. Those guys were all from Omaha.....

Omaha, central in particular, was turning out RBs like mad there for a while. Not so much lately...unfortunately.

Omaha, central in particular, was turning out RBs like mad there for a while. Not so much lately...unfortunately.

agree....if we were in the same recruiting day in age that we are now, those guys would have been scattered across the country. amazing what the internet and recrtuiting camps can create as far as offers for the athletes

I am....those dudes were studs in high school and coaches would have been guaranteeing them starting roles with 20+ carries as opposed to their 5-10 4th string carries they were getting as seniors here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back