• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Commit #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Burkhead a good receiver...and yeah great vision and instincts and some giddy-up for such a big back....

Nice stuff. Based on that, seems to have great instincts and vision, and, can motor it well. Love seeing those screens. Hope to see some of that at NU!

I would prefer redshirt, but who knows. It may depend on whether Marrow can step into the big back role, and whether Burkhead can stay healthy.

Regardless, this is a great pickup.

Redshirt or play right away?

Redshirt or play right away?

My guess would be redshirt with Marrow in the picture. But if he is ready to play and things shake out right, I could see a role for him next year. But again, I think Marrow makes sense in that role unless he has an injury.

One way or another though, we have to relieve Burkhead of the short yardage role, not because he can't do it (he certainly can), but because of the wear and tear of pounding those short yardage situations. Plus a fresh back in that role really wears down the defense.

Last edited:

Agree with Rex and Marrow around it would make sense....but with Bo if he comes and shows he can play who knows....one of the triplets could take a RS too...should be a 'fun' spring and fall camp....:)

My guess would be redshirt with Marrow in the picture. But if he is ready to play and things shake out right, I could see a role for him next year. But again, I think Marrow makes sense in that role unless he has an injury.

Makes me think of Quentin Castille -- with moves.

Along with Cody Glenn, those are good comparisons.

I'd like to see him redshirt. I think the staff made some mistakes in the redshirts of the 3 RBs this year, and unless Cross is guaranteed a lot of PT, I'd prefer to put some spacing between our RBs on the roster.

Cross has a fitting name...he's a very religious kid who hopes to get into ministry after his playing career.

Not surprisingly, 4 STAR RB Bourque is no longer visiting Nebraska.

I'm guessing he got the call from the staff telling him his position was taken.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back