• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

I am sure the previous wide reciever coach would have been retained. He was removed by his own actions
I wasn't implying the young wr coach was chosen over the previous but can see how it was perceived that way. I was more stating that we had one of the best and instead of replacing him with someone of equal merit we chose an unknown with almost no experience.

I have heard there may already be an issue with the new WR coach as he forgot to ask his mom if he could actually take the job
Interviewed a "kid" (he was 25) that said he would have to talk to his parents before he could accept a position. Obviously he wasn't hired. True story though, blew my mind.

I think Rhule is doing exactly what he said he would. Assistant coaches that will work hard on the recruiting trail bringing in the players we need, and I'd think younger assistants will relate much better to recruits. Then more experienced coordinators that can lend their experience to the younger assistants, coordinators that know what Rhule wants and can convey that to the assistants. Looks like a good organizational ladder to get everyone on the same page.

Add in a larger support staff since he saved money on assistants and you have that many more people out there pulling the same direction. :Koolaid2:

I think Rhule is doing exactly what he said he would. Assistant coaches that will work hard on the recruiting trail bringing in the players we need, and I'd think younger assistants will relate much better to recruits. Then more experienced coordinators that can lend their experience to the younger assistants, coordinators that know what Rhule wants and can convey that to the assistants. Looks like a good organizational ladder to get everyone on the same page.

Add in a larger support staff since he saved money on assistants and you have that many more people out there pulling the same direction. :Koolaid2:
That's the hope. Hope it pans out.

It's been awhile since we've had successful strong leadership at the top.

Lots of nail biting going on about the WR coach on most Husker message boards. I like the youth movement and feel they will mesh better with the recruits than older, experienced coaches who might not place recruiting very high on their fun things to do scale.

I also trust that Coach Rhule will hire guys who know his expectations, system and share his vision. He is a developer of talent and young men and hired young unheard-of guys at Baylor as well. I trust him on the hires.

Being an energetic recruiter doesn't matter if you can't coach them up when they get here. There was chatter about Knighton not having much coaching experience when he was hired, but he's in his mid to late 30's and played multiple years in the NFL. McGuire is 24 and was a backup qb in college with limited coaching experience as an coaching/offensive assistant for 2 years with the Panthers.

I'm not saying he's a bad hire nor am I saying he won't be successful, but it sure is a head scratching hire that leaves a lot of boxes unchecked.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back