• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

Yeah I mean I prepared from the time I was 7 or 8 to be a pro wrestler but it didn't exactly work out the way I planned

I'm just not sure about this whole "bring your buddies along for the ride" strategy... surely this is something that Trev and Rhule discussed prior to him being hired?

If this garret kid was this age but played wr for 8 yrs id be a little worried. But hes never coached or played wr and hes 22?
This is a real concern imo and im a rhule fan. Bur this is a poor hire. Love rhule but i call it as i see it

Teaching, motivating and developing players (or any "learners") is a skill/talent that benefits from experience.

Sure, a person may have some natural leadership ability, but there really is no substitute for experience. Those "reps" pay dividends in being able to identify how best to teach, motivate and develop each individual.

Full disclosure, I don't know much about these particular hires' "track record". But the apparent lack of experience and (more importantly) lack of proven ability/results is concerning, especially in that they need to earn the trust and respect from the players they're coaching.

All that said, all I can control is how I choose to react... so... deep breathe.... and as others have stated, I'll just have to trust HCMR. GBR!

Last edited:
If this garret kid was this age but played wr for 8 yrs id be a little worried. But hes never coached or played wr and hes 22?
This is a real concern imo and im a rhule fan. Bur this is a poor hire. Love rhule but i call it as i see it
If you read the article, he was part time WR, back up QB, and long snapper in high school.

Unless this guy is the Doogie Howser of the football world I just don't see how it can be perceived as anything but a poor hire
WR is a big area for top recruits especially when you're bringing in a top QB like we hopefully are next year.

First real question mark from me on staff. A couple of "hmm, we'll see how this works" but no serious questions. We have a big salary pool and went young nearly across the board. I would have liked someone with at least 4 or 5 years experience at the position and a few guys he could point to and say "see him, I coached him. Come to NU and I'll coach you to be just like him or better"

McGuire ....... Qualified voting age ? ;)

xbIzl2D.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back