• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Carousel Gary Anderson out at Oregon State.

I'm just tired of being backhanded by a bunch of people who were all dead ass wrong and they are still coming after me. Whatever man.

The problem is we aren't privy to all the stupid stuff you probably argue at the water cooler or bar with other people and end up being wrong about. I get so tired of people that think they have cornered the market on smart. I have said several times I and most others laughed their asses off at USC for hiring Pete Carroll and turns out that loser was pretty good. We all think we know something until we find out we really don't.

The problem is we aren't privy to all the stupid stuff you probably argue at the water cooler or bar with other people and end up being wrong about. I get so tired of people that think they have cornered the market on smart. I have said several times I and most others laughed their asses off at USC for hiring Pete Carroll and turns out that loser was pretty good. We all think we know something until we find out we really don't.

Whoops, just saw this poster was finally given a little space......

People also need to realize that us firing Riley isn't really going to do anything to "put us out in front" of anyone. We aren't hiring anyone til' after our regular season is over anyway. Anyone we would want will be right in the middle of their season.

The only people it would help with would be someone not currently coaching...i.e. Kelly. And I don't think he is really an option so I agree with you entirely.

Dude, there were no reasons. None. Not one. It was set up to fail from day one.

I have been asking you as has David to tone it down with your endless rants. I see he already locked you out of this thread however, you need to dial it down a few notches and do so immediately. Folks are tired of it and I am tired of hearing from them on your posting style.

RR

Last edited:
I said this in a PM, and i'm not sold quite yet either. My problem is, we may have to be early to the party for him.

Agree here too...not much of a case could be made that frost IS ready. It's unlikely that someone like UT or A&M would go after him right now. But NU IS hiring now...and Frost IS the best chance at NU having an "inside track" to a rising "star". If NU waited until the NEXT hire it might be too late and if he IS "that guy" then we'll never hear the end of it. Just make it happen and cross your fingers. If it works NU is set for quite a while. If it doesn't...it doesn't.

I heard UT is interested Frost and that his agent said 5-7 million is the number.

I find it hard to believe that a coach with just over one year under his belt in the head job will command that kind of money.

My curiosity is where did you hear that from?

Isn't Brohm at Purdue gonna get 4 million if he hits his incentives? I would think we need to prepare for 5-7 million for Frost.

See my post above. I just find it hard to believe you are going to pay a guy who is only his second season as a head coach that kind of money.

Agree here too...not much of a case could be made that frost IS ready. It's unlikely that someone like UT or A&M would go after him right now. But NU IS hiring now...and Frost IS the best chance at NU having an "inside track" to a rising "star". If NU waited until the NEXT hire it might be too late and if he IS "that guy" then we'll never hear the end of it. Just make it happen and cross your fingers. If it works NU is set for quite a while. If it doesn't...it doesn't.

That pretty much sums it up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back