• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaches Poll (NU not ranked)

still blows my mind that Amway sponsors the coaches poll... nothing but a pyramid scheme ;)

do the top 25 coaches get cases of shampoo, or maybe a pink cadillac? :Biggrin:

I'm good with not being ranked in the preseason. We haven't won anything...yet.
Preseason polls are a waste of time anyway.

Wish we were at least #20, that would give us a shot at any and everything. Now, pretty tough, even if we are really good.
A high ranking will come in a hurry if we string together some wins. Two reasons:
1. Scott Frost's UCF run hasn't been forgotten. People will believe he has done the same at Nebraska.
2. We're still Nebraska, and that means something.

Granted, we likely won't have the luxury of being able to absorb even a single loss and still be a playoff team, but that's only reserved for a small handful of teams each season anyway. Preseason #20 isn't really any better in that regard.

I think this high a ranking is mostly a reflection that Frost's peers take him for an eventual winner and figure, hey, he got a good QB, maybe he'll break out early. He's done it before, looks like he knows where to hang his clipboard. ;)

Last edited:

I’m all for being unranked in the preseason and having to earn it. It’s much better that way in terms of motivation for the team. I just hope we’re ranked before week 5, after starting 4-0, because Lincoln is long overdue to host GameDay. On paper as of now, Ohio State-Nebraska is the best game that weekend. Fingers crossed!

No one who has even casually paid attention to college football the past 5 seasons should be looking at any preseason top 25 and be surprised Nebraska is not there. Including Nebraska supporters.

Preseason rankings every year mean next to nothing other than hey, this team looked good last season so they might be good this year.

Nebraska had back to back 4 win season........there's a lot more than 25 teams who won 5 or more.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back