• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is fired

If this is truly a "job interview" for Joseph, he can't have a fair evaluation if he's handcuffed by people who probably wouldn't be retained anyway. This is as close to a no-win situation as there is for him. Given the time I'm sure he would have different people in mind for different position coaches, but he virtually interviewing on the fly....with what he has. I'm thankful he was willing to try. Right now, this program is in a free fall, I wish the best for him.

Last week when they released the practice video there was a shot of MJ standing next to Chins, and Chins looked at him with the really? Look, and MJ shook his head yes. That right there told me it wasn't going to work. If MJ had to stand next to him to get what he wants, then that tells me there wasn't total buy in.
As far as improvement with a new DC, a lot can be done in the 8 practices between now and the next game, isn't fall camp only 15 practices?

This makes me sad. Not about Chins. But the poor little pony

Don't worry. Your little pony is still safe in your toy box.

woody-prickly-buttercup-trixie_wide-4b5581086499d0bc199b92eb04b0471baf4de462-s1100-c50.jpg

I hope Busch is down on the field during games. I do not understand how a coordinator can coach from the box. But that's just me.

Has anyone thought about the idea of Bo pelini as dc for the remainder of this year? It’s a crazy idea, but it’s a crazy year. I’m rootin for Mickey,

Go big red!

Last edited:
Pelini...boy, we are waaaay out in the weeds now.

What about Charley McBride? He's just sitting there doing nothing. Mark Banker, I hear he's available...Suh, Jason Peter, plenty of options.

Last edited:

Last week when they released the practice video there was a shot of MJ standing next to Chins, and Chins looked at him with the really? Look, and MJ shook his head yes. That right there told me it wasn't going to work. If MJ had to stand next to him to get what he wants, then that tells me there wasn't total buy in.
As far as improvement with a new DC, a lot can be done in the 8 practices between now and the next game, isn't fall camp only 15 practices?
Agree 100%. You've got plenty of film to identify the dudes that are cashing it in early in games so sit those guys. That gives you a couple practices to pick some kids that want the N on their sleeve and show them what's expected.
Defense doesn't need to be as hard as they've made it. This is your gap- Fill it. This is your man- Tackle him like you mean it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back