• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is fired

I get your point. I guess I just don’t share your concern with this season. Regardless of who the coach is/was, it was going to be a throwaway. Coach Joseph has to do what he thinks is going to give him the best chance to maximize he remainder of the schedule. If that means blowing up the defense, then so be it. Duty now for the future…
My concern with blowing up the defense is blowing up the players along with it. Don’t forget Mickey was a relatively new coach here and on the offensive side to boot.

There is no doubt the defense is poor. Offense isn’t exactly killing it either. I’m not sure how the defensive players feel about MJ coming in and blowing up the defense. He made significant changes before the OU game with little positive effect.

I’m just being a realist saying this locker room is probably in a mess and not all the players confused are guys we wanna get rid of. Fans taking the “get on board or get out” attitude might want to be careful. We aren’t sure the get on board train is going the right direction yet.

Last edited:

If this is truly a "job interview" for Joseph, he can't have a fair evaluation if he's handcuffed by people who probably wouldn't be retained anyway. This is as close to a no-win situation as there is for him. Given the time I'm sure he would have different people in mind for different position coaches, but he virtually interviewing on the fly....with what he has. I'm thankful he was willing to try. Right now, this program is in a free fall, I wish the best for him.
We went through a restructure at the fire department I worked for 25 years ago. The first thing administration didn’t is put someone in charge that wasn’t going to be a candidate. I don’t want decisions to be made for one’s personal gain.

Not sure I understand your post, maybe just not reading it correctly, but Joseph's personal gain equals our gain too.

I'm also not being critical of Mickey here necessarily when I call for caution. Trev gave him full control and told him if he does well he will be considered for the position. Mickey wouldn't get any points if we go 3-9 instead of 1-11, so he should swing for the fences. If there is an argument to be risk adverse then Trev should have set some limits.
I’m not really sure what you are arguing for here. This defensive coordinator at Nebraska just gave up over 1200 yards and 94 points in two games, one against a newcomer from the fcs. And this, after 4 years of average at best defense. how is it a concern when he is fired? And why would that be a reason for caution on the head coach?

Forgot to add the song “Money” by Pink Floyd playing in the background.

Beautiful country in Eastern Washington, closest please I’ve seen to central Nebraska.
Truth. And yes, it’s reminiscent of central NE. Though if given a choice, I would take eastern WA. Coming from the perspective of a cattle rancher. Keen insight on your part. I was amazed by the hayfields up there. We have some good ones here in Nebraska, but…

To be clear I'm not objecting to Frost's firing. I think it's unfortunate it had to happen as early as it did because having so much of the season left before likely relief when the replacement is hired presents some extra challeges. But by actually losing 2 games, Frost brought it on himself.

But I think there is an argument for keeping the team together as much as possible by then locking things down and just trying to get to the end of the season with the team together as much as possible. I'm not saying that to defend Chins in any way. I just think it might be wise to be a little risk averse here.
A lot of that is going to ultimately be dependent on the kids themselves and team leadership. Hope they show some pride and grit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back