• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFN Preview and Prediction of the Nebraska-Northwestern Game

RR…I hope you are right and everyone else predicting an easy time in Dublin.

The last 7 years have taught me to wait and see.

I never said it was too g to be an easy time

I picked 34-13

From all accounts this is not a good NW team

Vegas has NU -12.5

Should be fun

I never said it was too g to be an easy time

I picked 34-13

From all accounts this is not a good NW team

Vegas has NU -12.5

Should be fun

That is good to read about NW.

Nebraska also needs to prove that they are better than a 3-9 team and hopefully they will. It should be an intriguing game.

Last edited:

RR…I hope you are right and everyone else predicting an easy time in Dublin.

The last 7 years have taught me to wait and see.
Put another way, that 6 point swing, if we had that this year, or applied it last year, less doubts would now be on their table.
Not something to easily shrug off, as Fitz and company did NOT take last year off.

NW was really bad last year.

Averaged only 16 points a game.

Score over 14 only once in 6 of their last 7 games

Gave up 30 points a game.

Their beat writers have been really tough on the team in their predictions this season as far as the over all season goes.

Vegas has it right now -12.5 Huskers
So was Nebraska! Stop being a homer. Nebraska was bad. They are on a 6 game losing streak. Sugar coat it with close losses all you want, but Nebraska was bad, admit as much! Losing is losing, whether by 1,4, or 60, it’s losing.

Last edited:
It seems our defense is coming around as our offense still has growing pains.
We have players at WR, RB and QB that will cause problems for them.
No turn overs and consistency we will handle them.
Lol, there is no way to tell about either. None. All you have is talk. We get talk every stinkin year. The play on the field is the only way to tell, and we’ve seen nothing!

Lol, there is no way to tell about either. None. All you have is talk. We get talk every stinkin year. The play on the field is the only way to tell, and we’ve seen nothing!
So a team cant get better?
A defense cant reasonably be defined by prior performance?
I ask you, just who is our offense practicing against?

Of course they can get better, and that’s the hope. But to assume, with what we’ve seen the past 5 years, could very well be a mistake. Let’s see it first. Frankly, I’m bewildered so many are just assuming they are better. 5 years should have taught each and every person to assume nothing. Like I’ve said, while the hope is they are better, it’s a complete wild card. No one knows nothing but the members of the team.

An average defense. Because that’s what they were last year, average, at best. They also collapsed at nearly every crucial moment. The defense isn’t anything to hang the hat on, that’s for sure. Lol. Let’s see it man. Show it to us!

Last edited:
I'll bet they didn't predict the butt kicking the Huskers gave NW last season. :Lol:
We had Mrs. Lava's friend and boyfriend, a Northwestern fan, over for that game and by about half time I couldn't even talk crap anymore out of sympathy. Definitely the highlight of the 2021 college football season.

Of course they can get better, and that’s the hope. But to assume, with what we’ve seen the past 5 years, could very well be a mistake. Let’s see it first. Frankly, I’m bewildered so many are just assuming they are better. 5 years should have taught each and every person to assume nothing. Like I’ve said, while the hope is they are better, it’s a complete wild card. No one knows nothing but the members of the team.
The past 5 years we have had 'experts' going on and on about our D line going to stink, yea talk.
How our LBing would stink, yea talk.
They were wrong about our D, and that D is going against our O, and consistency from one can define the other,unless you believed all those prior 'experts' yourself.
This obviously is a 2way street here,those folks were wrong about our defense and was just wrong talk.

An average defense. Because that’s what they were last year, average, at best. They also collapsed at nearly every crucial moment. The defense isn’t anything to hang the hat on, that’s for sure. Lol. Let’s see it man. Show it to us!
So the offensive play doesnt effect the defense? STs? Practice?
This sounds like talk to me

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back