• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFN Preview and Prediction of the Nebraska-Northwestern Game

The offense gave NU the lead late against Michigan. They went right down the field. The offense scored 28 against Wisconsin, on the road. The offense gave NU a 3 score cushion against Iowa. No one is saying this is perfect, but that defense collapsed in nearly every crucial moment. Blame it all on the offense and ST. I don’t care if it makes you feel better to do so. I never felt comfortable with that defense. You can come up with stats to fit almost any narrative, all I know is, they weren’t any good when they absolutely had to be. It was right there to see. Plain view.
Yes you did. You more than felt comfortable. Give it a rest man

Last edited:

I guess we will start having an idea on this discussion in about 11 days. I’ve mentioned several times over the last six months that I’ve got concerns regarding the defense this year. All the fan base discussions seem to be focused on the offense and special teams. Hope I’m wrong or it could be another long season.

I guess we will start having an idea on this discussion in about 11 days. I’ve mentioned several times over the last six months that I’ve got concerns regarding the defense this year. All the fan base discussions seem to be focused on the offense and special teams. Hope I’m wrong or it could be another long season.
I have more hope, than I’ve had since the 2018 season, and that’s a start. I feel like NU has a talented roster, so it has some tools to work with. Let’s see if the coaches can bring it all together. Too much talent on this roster to continue to lose games. Hopefully, these new coaches and a dedicated ST coach can and will make the difference it’s been missing. Beat Northwestern, gain some momentum, the sky is the limit. 11 days we’ll find out more.

I have faith in our backers,leaving maybe not the best run stuffing outfit but good enough.
Adding more ILB rotations will help by keeping everyone fresh making our line/run defense better at times.
Having 2 very good returning rush ends plus adding Mathis is huge likely creating the turn overs we've been lacking and helping out the back end.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back