• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFN Preview and Prediction of the Nebraska-Northwestern Game

The past 5 years we have had 'experts' going on and on about our D line going to stink, yea talk.
How our LBing would stink, yea talk.
They were wrong about our D, and that D is going against our O, and consistency from one can define the other,unless you believed all those prior 'experts' yourself.
This obviously is a 2way street here,those folks were wrong about our defense and was just wrong talk.
There are no ‘experts’!

An average defense. Because that’s what they were last year, average, at best. They also collapsed at nearly every crucial moment. The defense isn’t anything to hang the hat on, that’s for sure. Lol. Let’s see it man. Show it to us!
That average defense was better than OSUs, and way better than NWs.
Did they play our schedule?
If you're trying to see potential, you dont get there bythrowing away the tools at hand.

So the offensive play doesnt effect the defense? STs? Practice?
This sounds like talk to me
Dude, the defense blew. It was better, but it was a middle of the pack type of defense that caved every single time when it needed a stop, and that was with 6 ‘super seniors’. I’m in complete show me mode. I believe that is more than fair, given all the garbage we’ve seen.

That average defense was better than OSUs, and way better than NWs.
Did they play our schedule?
If you're trying to see potential, you dont get there bythrowing away the tools at hand.
They weren’t anywhere near Oklahoma States, and they did that with lesser talent. They weren’t better than Baylors, and they did that with lesser talent. Coaching matters!

Dude, the defense blew. It was better, but it was a middle of the pack type of defense that caved every single time when it needed a stop, and that was with 6 ‘super seniors’. I’m in complete show me mode. I believe that is more than fair, given all the garbage we’ve seen.
Again, experience means things,but it isnt the be all.
We lost the twins, talk was it'll be worse/bad next year.
It was better.
The maturation of the defense has happened, mainly getting the LBs, and adding a pass rush.
Things that effect the defense is STs, and they will be better.

I agree its about the offense, and show me and you and us all, but last year our offense throttled NW, gave Fitz his biggest loss of all time in the big.
Its been about consistency, often its a qb change hat brings that, but thin at RB didnt help.

As good as Rahmir is he's not slotted as number one. That limited/changed our offense last year,injury no depth hurt us early, and we went on a long losing streak.

Every other year, Northwestern has been good. If we are going by past, then they are due, right? Fair?
Thats fair, but they dont have a qb from last year showing promise, they had Hankwitz, one of the best they no longer have.
Everyone considered it a miracle pulling off what Fitz did,this is way beyond that this year, but you can expect them to be better.

Why are you posting on a message board before any games have been played if you can’t stomach ‘talk’? It’s all any of us have to go on at this point.
Okies complain and are generally negative about anything and everything. It's part of the cultural makeup. They start training 'em young down here. ;):Sarcasm:

Why are you posting on a message board before any games have been played if you can’t stomach ‘talk’? It’s all any of us have to go on at this point.
Why are you worried about it? Point being, with all the changes, new players, coaches, not seeing anything, anyones predictions could be right. It’s kinda silly watching some of them when not one person, except the coaches and players would have any idea. I stomach it just fine, it just makes me chuckle. This team could go anywhere between 4-8 and 11-1. None of it would shock me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back