• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cade Beresford-New OT offer: Update: Huskers still in the thick of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if Langsdorf can offer QB's that at the time may be underrated or what ever word you use, than Cav can too. Although I do agree a local 3* would be my preference than an out of state kid, but again if it is early in the rating period maybe the out state kid has more potential. I guess what ever the coaches do I am fine with.

I'd rather see an in-state kid get the schoolie than a mid 3***. The in-state kid will have more heart and work harder to develop.

Which in state kid? The staff has seen him and probably more than enough in state kids to determine which fits their needs. Most of us can't say the same. I'd like to see 1-2 more specific in state kids this year, but I understand the numbers. Let's see where this "rising" kid ends up before making blanket statements about him.

Nothing at all wrong with a 3* player. They are way better than most and the difference between them and some 4* players is not much at all. Particularly, there is nothing wrong with a 3* in June six months before signing day.

What are your thoughts on Beresford though?

Frankly, I think the Huskers could do a lot better. I know they only planned on taking one tackle, but if this kid is already getting an offer, then Cav didn't target enough guys. Definitely a long term project.

I will say though, he has good feet and finished his blocks well. He needs to get a lot stronger. It'll be interesting to watch his senior season and see if he progresses.

I'd rather see an in-state kid get the schoolie than a mid 3***. The in-state kid will have more heart and work harder to develop.

I appreciate warm fuzzies about the instate kids, but where a kid is born or raised is not a measure of his heart. For every instate success there are just as many, if not more who failed to make it, and some were absolutely lack of heart. If we have schollies in abundance, and an instate looks like a fit, great. But this kid in Washington looks to the staff like a very good player in the future, and aren't put off by his 3 stars considering he's got some filling out to do.

I appreciate warm fuzzies about the instate kids, but where a kid is born or raised is not a measure of his heart. For every instate success there are just as many, if not more who failed to make it, and some were absolutely lack of heart. If we have schollies in abundance, and an instate looks like a fit, great. But this kid in Washington looks to the staff like a very good player in the future, and aren't put off by his 3 stars considering he's got some filling out to do.

JR Edwards was a Nebraska kid. So was Andy Birkel.

They were awesome at Nebraska.

Nothing strange all. Some kids are late bloomers especially lineman (look at the two OT we got out of TX and OH last class) many of whom blow up in there senior season. The mid-3 star argument starts to get real old too when 80% of the kids recruited are three stars. Oh and Ameer Abdullah says 'hi' ;)

This staff has a really good reputation of doing there homework evaluating kids and guys like Harbaugh follow Riley around in many cases.
I'm sorry, but really? This particular staff has no reputation at all.

I'm sorry, but really? This particular staff has no reputation at all.

Yeah really. That is one of the hallmarks of this staff in that they do there due dillagence and homework on the kids they offer and the proof is in the pudding with the commits they have gotten.

Nuff said

Last edited:

In June? C'mon man. Did we have guys that were technically higher on our board that verbled elsewhere? Yes, it happens every year. But if you want to play that game, then every team in the country is offering "plan b" guys and you need to stop using it to discount the staff. They're doing a great job thus far. Not even Ohio State gets all the top guys on their board at every position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back