• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cade Beresford-New OT offer: Update: Huskers still in the thick of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
From RR in the O-Line mini meltdown thread.
I actually like bringing in a kid that is 250#. This way when he gets here we can put good weight on him. A lot of the 300# plus guys are loaded with bad weight but people still expect them to play as a Rfr. A guy like this is in the mold of the old pipeline. Undersized when he gets to camp. Lock him in the gym for two years add 45-50 lbs. As a RSo he comes out as a beast.

IMO Cavanaugh is now into his plan "B" list. Not that the kid won't work out should he choose to come on down and play for NU. Just saying Cav's two "A" list guys ended up at UCLA.

Plan B guy in June? With signing day still 7 months away I think that is a bit of a stretch. I suspect there are still others they will offer too.

Nothing strange all. Some kids are late bloomers especially lineman (look at the two OT we got out of TX and OH last class) many of whom blow up in there senior season. The mid-3 star argument starts to get real old too when 80% of the kids recruited are three stars. Oh and Ameer Abdullah says 'hi' ;)

This staff has a really good reputation of doing there homework evaluating kids and guys like Harbaugh follow Riley around in many cases.

i missed that he is 6 7 so that 250 can be beefed up to go along with basketball skills which make him seem very athletic. could be a diamond in the rough.

I actually like bringing in a kid that is 250#. This way when he gets here we can put good weight on him. A lot of the 300# plus guys are loaded with bad weight but people still expect them to play as a Rfr. A guy like this is in the mold of the old pipeline. Undersized when he gets to camp. Lock him in the gym for two years add 45-50 lbs. As a RSo he comes out as a beast.

In theory with the BBall background he can move well and has good feet. At least that is my hope.

Last edited:
IMO Cavanaugh is now into his plan "B" list. Not that the kid won't work out should he choose to come on down and play for NU. Just saying Cav's two "A" list guys ended up at UCLA.
Don't we have a plan A guy on board already? I also go as far as to say that this might not be as much a Plan B Guy as it is an unknown quantity before he camped. Only rated by one service and primarily local offers. I'm willing to see how this kid gets rated over the next few months here before I make a judgment.

They are not going to put weight on him...they are going to get him to drop about 25 lbs and toss him jump balls in the end zone

Think we already have 2 of those guys, although a third over 6'7" would really make D's think.

I'd rather see an in-state kid get the schoolie than a mid 3***. The in-state kid will have more heart and work harder to develop.

3e5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back