• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Burkhead...put the team on my back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone else watch the short post game interview on ABC with Rex? Towards the end Beck gives him a hug. I looked over at my wife and said "we are going to miss the heart and soul of our team next year."

I agree. Without a doubt my favorite Husker of all time.

He is a special back, but he is no Rex Burkhead.

He's still just a Sophomore though.

True. If it came down to picking up a crucial 2 yards, I'd put Rex even above LP, Green, and Rozier. He just has that innate sense and internal drive to get the yardage.

I do not disagree that Rex is super special, but, being the kind of man he is, I do not think he would appreciate anyone of you comparing him to AA. It would not be within his character to do this, but it apparently is within the character of many of you to do so and therein lies my appreciation of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully the fans who were saying Ameer is just as good, if not better than, Rex see the error in their ways.

Are they the same ones saying that carnes was better than martinez, that bronson marsh lit up a high school allstar game... that we dont need to recruit a QB because we are stacked, that we dont need to recruit a RB because of the triplets, that heard should get more cares because he was better than ameer...

Also, we shouldn't discount the enormous impact Ameer has provided. We don't win all the games we did without him. He is a special back.

Not sure ameer has reached 'special'status in my book, but he has exceeded expectations and is only a sophmore. Without the threat of the running game this year, taylor doesnt come close to having the year he had. Still, i dont see ameer capable of getting some of the tough yards that need to be had. Threw all the winning and complaining about the running game and o-line (me included) we end the season some where in the top 10 in rushing...ameer being the lead dog.

His two runs from our goal line to get that 1st down were awesome. Stud.

I only was able to watch most of the 2nd half. Those plays from Rex when we were backed up at the goal line were Beastly!! I just didn't understand Beck calling a little sweep pass play on 3rd and 3 to end that drive.. actually, 3 drives were killed by Beck calling pass plays on 3rd and short.. when you have a man liked Rex running that well, why even pass at all? We were blowing their d-line off the ball. we should have scored more points in the 2nd half.
Great gamed and I'm VERY glad we won.

Rex is the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back