• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Burkhead...put the team on my back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutty performance worthy of both Mike Rozier and Rick Berns who both played in big games with nasty hip pointers and carried the Huskers to victory.

Ameer is a very special back, and has had a heckuva a season. But Rex has an ability that I've never seen before to get yards when no back should. He powers, jukes, slips through 1" cracks, and never quits. It's just remarkable.

I just can't wait until he is coaching :Biggrin:

Seriously though he is a game changer like he has always been since he has been at NU. He is going to be missed and the guys behind him have some work to do to get to his level of bringing it game in and game out. Well done REX by putting this team on your back once again....now lets win the B1G Title game!

It may be a while when he coaches. Rex will play in the NFL, for sure, for a long time, barring a serious injury! He is awesome enough! :)

His two runs from our goal line to get that 1st down were awesome

Those were huge HUGE runs. If we have to punt into the wind from our end zone on that series, Iowa has a very short field in front of them on the ensuing possession.

Last edited:

Rex is great, fresh legs of Rex are just AWESOME! I think it give us an advantage next week as well. He just has a knack, even Ed C loves him
Wouldn't be here without Ameer, he is one tough kid as well!

Great win for sure!

It may be a while when he coaches. Rex will play in the NFL, for sure, for a long time, barring a serious injury! He is awesome enough! :)

I totally agree.....and hope he continues to prove a lot of folks wrong like he has most of his career as a RB in college and hopefully a as good of one in the NFL.

Funny thing is though, Rex has had to disprove a LOT of haters throughout his career and it will only get tougher. Hell, some of our own fans are some of the worst, sadly. The very minute he got hurt you had some saying "there will be no drop off" and "isn't missed athletically" etc......total BS what has been said of this kid, period.

Last edited:

Ameer is a very special back, and has had a heckuva a season. But Rex has an ability that I've never seen before to get yards when no back should. He powers, jukes, slips through 1" cracks, and never quits. It's just remarkable.

Totally agree...but...oops...there goes the "Shake Off the Cobwebs Theory."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back