• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba Starling says he can give Martinez a run for his money

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we keep those three guys Taylor can do whatever. But I hope he stays the course.
If he is really a true competitor, he will stay, get better, smarter, wiser, and take on any and all comers. That is what competitors do. If he isn't, then he will run, waller, and never amont to anything. He has the upper hand right now, no matter who comes, so he should take advantage of that and say bring it!!!

i think the excitement comes from the fact he IS exhibiting massive skill in high school. if he didnt appear to be really good no one would care as much. the fact he appears explosive is what gives people the hope he could be the next crouch or frazier. i think its ok for people to hope and fantasize that we could be landing the next superstar,and i dont think there is anything wrong with placing expectations on these guys. they either live up to the hype or they dont but that is how legends are made. of course you can always find the hidden gem that no one else saw but that is far more rare in my opinion. i hope all of our qbs step it up next year, that is what bo is trying to create because he knows they will make each other better and eventually someone is going to play like those husker qbs of the past.

Absolutely agree, and I get as excited as the next guy when we land a big commit, especially a QB, because of what they might become. But when ppl start saying things like the statement i quoted in my previous post, about Starling being able to overtake Martinez as the starter, that's just ridiculous. You have no idea what they're gonna be like. Sure, I hope he will be able to come right in and play at a very high level and be our best QB, but to KNOW that he can come in and be better than Martinez, that's just a bit ridiculous

I hope everyone knows that Bubba is far more polished as a runner than as a passer. His high school team rarely had the need to throw with Bubba and two very solid backs. I'll look for the article later, but his passing numbers were nothing spectacular. It's his size and run ability that makes him the threat he is.

I hope everyone knows that Bubba is far more polished as a runner than as a passer. His high school team rarely had the need to throw with Bubba and two very solid backs. I'll look for the article later, but his passing numbers were nothing spectacular. It's his size and run ability that makes him the threat he is.

And from the articles that have been posted in other threads, it supports your post. The way Bubba is being project for this All American game, he doesn't sound too much different from what we have in Martinez. An extremely great athlete with wheels to embarrass a defense but and arm that isn't dependable at all to win a game, the only upper hand he has on Martinez is his size, but Martinez has experience which I think out weights the size factor. I think that if he does so happen to come to NU and by pass the millions (which I doubt), he should redshirt and learn the system as we have some very gift QBs who have experience or at least a year in the system that can take us into the new conference. Why rush him in before he is actually ready to lead this offense. That's the mistake we have had to make that passed two seasons. Young QBs playing by default.

I love the cockiness. Our offense could use an outspoken leader who is confident. Leadership is lacking.

I like the attitude too, if as others have said, he actually has any intension whatsoever of plaing for Nebraska.

Oh, and another thing--I'm all for it if the guy can throw and complete a forward pass (you'd think being a baseball player--although I've heard doubts otherwise). Not a shovel, not a screen (what's that?), but a deep, down the middle thing of beauty more than twice in his playing carrer....

TM will be #1. The battle will be for backup between Carnes (who has the edge) and Turner (who WILL play but likey at WR). Green willl be 3rd, ready to be backup on case of injury. Starling will RS.

Last edited:

If Bubba wants to be the starting QB, my guess is he'll have to play football in the spring too. I find it hard to believe he would win the QB competition without taking part in spring practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back