• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba Starling says he can give Martinez a run for his money

Status
Not open for further replies.

He had better be coming to Lincoln to play or he needs to not make proclamations about winning position battles. Kind of cheesy to make a bunch of claims and then not show up to back up your statements. If he is still undecided, then he should keep his mouth shut. JMO.

I think the last few games of the season may have made him think he has a chance to play early and increased the likelihood he'll actually come. Still might change when the baseball contract is sitting in front of him, of course.

I sure hope he comes to back that statement up. I am liking his chance of coming here more and more.

I think the last few games of the season may have made him think he has a chance to play early and increased the likelihood he'll actually come. Still might change when the baseball contract is sitting in front of him, of course.

The commentators said that Starling said he was 50-50. Do you think a few million bucks on the table in front of him might push him over to 51% toward baseball? I think it would push me that way.

It will be a long wait to see whether Bubba is a Husker or not, but I would not be surprised to see him on the two deep... I mean look at what we have next year assuming no one leaves or switches positions.

Green a jr with some starts
T-mart a So with a year of starts , but has muturity issues
Caines a rFR played on the scout team much like Taylor did
Turner a FR no college experience and is playing WR in all star game
Sterling Fr may or may not be here depend on how many millions it take to pull him away from football

If Caines is as good as Taylor was before the injury then Taylor and Caines will battle it out for 1 and 2 IMO. Green does not seem to have that first step burst that Taylor does, I think bth Sterling and Jamal will need the RS year to get use to the speed of D1 but that would be a great battle on the scout team if they both arrive in Lincoln next fall.

It will be a long wait to see whether Bubba is a Husker or not, but I would not be surprised to see him on the two deep... I mean look at what we have next year assuming no one leaves or switches positions.

Green a jr with some starts
T-mart a So with a year of starts , but has muturity issues
Caines a rFR played on the scout team much like Taylor did
Turner a FR no college experience and is playing WR in all star game
Sterling Fr may or may not be here depend on how many millions it take to pull him away from football

If Caines is as good as Taylor was before the injury then Taylor and Caines will battle it out for 1 and 2 IMO. Green does not seem to have that first step burst that Taylor does, I think bth Sterling and Jamal will need the RS year to get use to the speed of D1 but that would be a great battle on the scout team if they both arrive in Lincoln next fall.

It's Carnes. And Starling.

Taylor has explosive acceleration, but lacks the lateral movement big time. His agility isn't there and I think that's sort of the deal with him and the zone read. If you run QB draws with him and get him running straight ahead, he's as good as anybody.

The commentators said that Starling said he was 50-50. Do you think a few million bucks on the table in front of him might push him over to 51% toward baseball? I think it would push me that way.

If it was going to, I think we'd have some indication of that by now.

I love the cockiness. Our offense could use an outspoken leader who is confident. Leadership is lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back